Tommy wrote:My thoughts, briefly are -
- Missed Plunkett taking wickets in the middle of the innings.
- Wood & Archer together is probably overkill.
- England should have batted first.
- Sad to say that Ali seems to be all but done as a batsman. I can’t remember the last time he made a score in any format.
I think you’re over thinking it.
- fielding was atrocious, from ball 2
- that being an indicator of an attitude that was even more so
- namely an expectation that we’d roll them over. (I’ve s hunch that to chase was a decision borne of seeing it as just another practice match)
- I’m minded to agree re Mo, but who else in the squad offers spin, 3 (top order) wickets, and ‘stable’ batting (a la Root, rather than Buttler)?
As I say, fielding and attitude cost us.
Oh, and that our openers are suddenly out of form / worked out (v spin)
I like it. What is it?