The creekit

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
SimonB

Re: The creekit

Postby SimonB » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:59 am

The High Priest wrote:Latest news is that half the England players are desperate to play in the IPL and want the ECB to adjust our season in future to enable them to do so.

"Money talks" according to the players' union chief.

If this is true, it is an absolute disgrace. Anyone chasing money in some tinpot Indian competition instead of representing the Three Lions of England should be banned from playing for this country ever again.

What greedy, rotten bastards these sportsmen tend to be.

If the news is correct on the level of money involved I am not surprised the top players want to go and play in this Indian tournament. Good luck to them if they decide to go.
We had a meeting at work today and I was asked what steps I would take in the event of a fire. Apparently "fucking big ones" wasn't the right answer

The High Priest

Postby The High Priest » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:06 am

SimonB wrote:If the news is correct on the level of money involved I am not surprised the top players want to go and play in this Indian tournament. Good luck to them if they decide to go.

Ahead of playing for their country? For England? For the nation that invented the game and that has lovingly cultivated its traditions and spirit ever since?

You think that thirty pieces of silver should turn the heads of young men who are already extraordinarily well paid by any normal standards?

I hope the ECB come down on any greedy traitors like a ton of bricks. Ban them from English cricket and let the cunts swelter in India all year round, getting Delhi Belly and putting up with that teeming cess pit of a country.

As usual, Kevin Pietersen sets the example: he says that there is no way he would put money ahead of England. Well done, KP.
The High Priest is working tirelessly to hold the congegration together in these benighted times.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:22 am

In ten years time no fucker will remember them scoring a fifty in a 20/20 game,players are always remembered for their test match exploits.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

The High Priest

Postby The High Priest » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:34 am

Dale White wrote:In ten years time no fucker will remember them scoring a fifty in a 20/20 game,players are always remembered for their test match exploits.

Spot on.

I wouldn't mind so much if it was a half-decent competition but it's anything but that - just a raggedy-arsed knockabout for the attention-deficient Indian audience.

The Indians are apparently reducing our winter tour next season to a 2-test series because they are so obsessed with packing in ODIs and 20/20s.

The ECB really need to get tough with these cuntish little upstart curry munchers.
The High Priest is working tirelessly to hold the congegration together in these benighted times.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:45 am

Keep the racist bollocks out of the debate,i'm only interested in the harm the ipl could do to English cricket,and besides i like a good ruby myself.The problem is because England are the only country playing first class cricket in the northern hemisphere our players are on the go more than anybody else and playing in the ipl is a step too far imho.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

SimonB

Postby SimonB » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:52 am

If the players want to earn the money (and as I understand it the money is significantly more than they would earn in England) then as I said good luck to them. Playing for England is an honour for sure but if you were earning £200k per annum on a central contract and you were offered £750k just for a few weeks work what would you choose ? (Not sure if these numbers are correct just using them as an example) I would take the money.
We had a meeting at work today and I was asked what steps I would take in the event of a fire. Apparently "fucking big ones" wasn't the right answer

The High Priest

Postby The High Priest » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:03 pm

SimonB for Barking?

You have completely lost the plot this morning, mate.

SimonB

Postby SimonB » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:27 pm

The High Priest wrote:SimonB for Barking?

You have completely lost the plot this morning, mate.
Oddly enough I disagree I would take the money over the honour of representing England.

The High Priest

Postby The High Priest » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:45 pm

SimonB wrote:
The High Priest wrote: I would take the money over the honour of representing England.

Then you, sir, are a disgrace.

SimonB

Postby SimonB » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:46 pm

The High Priest wrote:
SimonB wrote:
The High Priest wrote: I would take the money over the honour of representing England.

Then you, sir, are a disgrace.
Thank you :mrgreen: thats the nicest thing you have ever said to me

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:32 am

I see young Rashid has been included in the England train on squad for the summer.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Thu May 15, 2008 7:02 am

Talking to myself again,the summer test series starts today and it should be pretty good although i fear the south africans will give us a pasting,fucking hate that arrogant cunt of a captain they have got,hoggy left out of the team today but i dont think there can be an argument about that,stick with a winning team ect.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

The High Priest

Postby The High Priest » Thu May 15, 2008 7:13 am

Hoggard should be in the team ahead of Anderson. They say Hoggy is useless if it doesn't swing, but that's true x10 for Anderson.

Watch Bottler Bell cane the Kiwis around and then wet himself against the Saffers when the pressure is really on later in the summer.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Thu May 15, 2008 11:02 am

Late start due to bad weather,Eng won the toss and elected to field.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Thu May 15, 2008 11:21 am

Dale White wrote:Late start due to bad weather,Eng won the toss and elected to field.

Always a risky decision to bat last.
Hope it works out because they'll take no end of stick for it if it doesn't.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Thu May 15, 2008 11:46 am

Mustafaster wrote:
Dale White wrote:Late start due to bad weather,Eng won the toss and elected to field.

Always a risky decision to bat last.
Hope it works out because they'll take no end of stick for it if it doesn't.
It is very overcast at the moment and the forcast is for an improvement in the weather so batting should be easier on days 2 & 3,but yeah it's a risk.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Jovo Simanic

Postby Jovo Simanic » Thu May 15, 2008 1:18 pm

A risk, but we do have them at 40-2 with both their openers gone.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Thu May 15, 2008 2:13 pm

76/4 now,Anderson and Broad 2 wickets each.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

shooter

Postby shooter » Thu May 15, 2008 2:32 pm

The High Priest wrote:As usual, Kevin Pietersen sets the example: he says that there is no way he would put money ahead of England. Well done, KP.

Errrmm, isn't he about as English as Nelson Madella? Am sure he never came to England for the money did he? :mrgreen:
His eyes they shone like diamonds...diamonds are forever...forever Leeds!

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Thu May 15, 2008 2:44 pm

shooter wrote:
The High Priest wrote:As usual, Kevin Pietersen sets the example: he says that there is no way he would put money ahead of England. Well done, KP.

Errrmm, isn't he about as English as Nelson Madella? Am sure he never came to England for the money did he? :mrgreen:
His mum is English.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Return to “The Square Ball”