The creekit

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Dale White

Re: The creekit

Postby Dale White » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:01 am

England win by 126 runs,on the whole it was a good performance lets hope they can take the series at Napier.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:14 am

The NZ pair Oram and Mills are out of the third test which starts tonight due to injuries.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:21 am

Fucking rubbish from England as they finished the day on 240/7,poor shots accounted for most of the wickets and Strauss is now a rabbit caught in headlights.how the fuck have we gone from the second best test team to 7th in 2 years :x i fear the mauling these fuckers will get this summer from the boks,Moores out. :x
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Rob

Postby Rob » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:18 am

And it's only a Bok, now supported by an Aussie keeper, who scores any runs.

Not a good start from our lot, but still could be a cracking match to end the most entertaining tour in a good while.

Super turn out again from the Barmies.

Perseus

Postby Perseus » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:02 pm

Dale White wrote:how the fuck have we gone from the second best test team to 7th in 2 years

Simple, Freddie went on the piss and off the boil.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:53 pm

Perseus wrote:
Dale White wrote:how the fuck have we gone from the second best test team to 7th in 2 years

Simple, Freddie went on the piss and off the boil.
Aye we've missed him big time but he's on the mend now he's taken a few wickets and scored a 50 this week.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:53 am

The bowlers especially sidebottom pull England out of the shit again bowling NZ out for 168,Eng 91/2 at the close a lead of 176.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:40 am

Eng 416/5 @ the close a lead of 501,after being Strauss's biggest critic i take my hat of to him for his unbeaten 173,Also congrats to Bell for his 110.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

BIGLEE 2

Postby BIGLEE 2 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:48 am

Bell has been our best performer on this tour ,why didnt we declare a bit earlier ,a lead of 500+ .

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:30 am

BIGLEE 2 wrote:Bell has been our best performer on this tour ,why didnt we declare a bit earlier ,a lead of 500+ .
I agree Vaughan should have declared first thing last night,NZ are 222/5 needing 553,England bowled quite well on what is now a road.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:51 pm

Upsettingly I couldn't sleep very well last night [my excuse for spending this morning posting rather than doing real work], so i did listen to a bit of the cricket on t'wireless, albeit switching off some time before the second wicket fell.

Assuming that it all goes OK tonight a series win would be a pretty solid achievement if you ask me, even over a useless rabble like this NZ side...

Always futile to look too far ahead but I'm wondering what the team might be assuming that Flintoff's fitness holds up well enough to have him back able to bowl a decent number of overs again...:

(a) Flintoff-Ambrose-Broad at 7-8-9, plus two further bowlers... surely a big risk to have flintoff as one of only four bowlers... but a massively strong batting lineup...

(b) Flintoff-Ambrose-Broad at 6-7-8, plus three further bowlers... is flintoff good enough to bat 6? maybe he is with a useful 7 and 8 below him [is broad really a good # 8 against quality bowling?]

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:22 pm

The problem with flintoff batting at six is that he is a bowler that can bat nowadays rather than a fully fledged all rounder but he has to be in the team when fit,on this wicket for example the game would have been over now with his extra pace.my soloution would be to drop anderson from the attack because we have collingwood and pietersen who can turn their arm over if needed.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:41 am

Well done England for winning the match by 121 runs and taking the series 2-1 but a complete re-think about future tours is needed.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

The High Priest

Postby The High Priest » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:36 am

1. Flintoff needs to perform with the bat consistently for half a season in domestic cricket before he is allowed to bat at 6 again. His performances there in Australia were a disgrace. I personally doubt if he will ever recapture the form he showed in 2005.

2. Anderson is totally useless unless the pitch suits his type of bowling. He is incapable of putting in a useful stint on an unhelpful track. Get Hoggard back in pronto.

3. What Ross Taylor did to Sidebottom last night reminded me of what Hayden did to Hoggard in 2000/1. I fear that Sidebottom will get similar treatment from the Aussies in 2007.

4. Broad is a find. Nice shape to his bowling, decent batsman, good attitude.

5. Strauss is not a long term solution at 3. He doesn't quite cut it any more, regardless of his scratchy century.

6. Bell is pure class but does he have the bottle?

7. Vaughan needs to pull his finger out.
The High Priest is working tirelessly to hold the congegration together in these benighted times.

SimonB

Postby SimonB » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:56 am

At least we finally won a series overseas. But it was just as well we had the lead we did going into the final innings
We had a meeting at work today and I was asked what steps I would take in the event of a fire. Apparently "fucking big ones" wasn't the right answer

Rider

Postby Rider » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:12 pm

That quick-fire 77 from Southee off 40 balls was very good, if they had had a few more wickets in hand then it would have made for a tense finish.

Rob

Postby Rob » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:29 pm

Haven't enjoyed an overseas series as much as that in many a year. It had almost everything. Good comeback by England against admitedly a weak NZ top order and minus their best quick.

Add a fully fit Flintoff + a returning Hoggard to that team and it'd start to look quite good again. Think we need another solid opener too.

Thought the support from both the Barmies and the Kiwis was most impressive. Great boutique cricket grounds too. Jeeez - you could go along with your mates, sit together in the sun on grass banks and drink away the sunny day with a few DBs. Then in England it all be piped musak, plastic seats, overpriced tickets, heavy handed security, rubbish expensive food etc.

The High Priest

Postby The High Priest » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:30 am

Latest news is that half the England players are desperate to play in the IPL and want the ECB to adjust our season in future to enable them to do so.

"Money talks" according to the players' union chief.

If this is true, it is an absolute disgrace. Anyone chasing money in some tinpot Indian competition instead of representing the Three Lions of England should be banned from playing for this country ever again.

What greedy, rotten bastards these sportsmen tend to be.
The High Priest is working tirelessly to hold the congegration together in these benighted times.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:38 am

The High Priest wrote:Latest news is that half the England players are desperate to play in the IPL and want the ECB to adjust our season in future to enable them to do so.

"Money talks" according to the players' union chief.

If this is true, it is an absolute disgrace. Anyone chasing money in some tinpot Indian competition instead of representing the Three Lions of England should be banned from playing for this country ever again.

What greedy, rotten bastards these sportsmen tend to be.
Fucking hell :shock: i never ever thought i would say this but i agree.
OOH,look who finished top of Englands batting averages on the tour of NZ, :mrgreen: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket ... efault.stm
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

The High Priest

Postby The High Priest » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:46 am

Dale White wrote:OOH,look who finished top of Englands batting averages on the tour of NZ, :mrgreen: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket ... efault.stm

Aye, thanks to a century in the final test that came in zero-pressure circumstances. A zero-pressure century isn't the same as a proper century. (A point made very well by Bob Willis on Sky).

If the pressure had been on, Bell would have bottled it like he always does.

Return to “The Square Ball”