The creekit

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Bobbycollins

Re: The creekit

Postby Bobbycollins » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:00 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Bobbycollins wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:That PayTM trophy is a bit shit. Mind, if we won it, Foakes would drop it.

It's all opinions but I thought how refreshing it was to have a real wicket keeper behind the stumps. Foakes had two stumpings in that second innings, as compared with Jos Buttler who had his first stumping in 26 Test Matches where he's kept wicket, during the recent tour of Sri Lanka. I also thought Foakes was excellent in standing up to Broad, thus preventing Ashwin from leaving his crease and yes whilst standing up he did drop one edge but the majority of his glove-work was impressive.

I was just joking after this morning - didn't think he distinguished himself today. But we don't have an Alan Knott. [Or a Derek Underwood, come to that.]

Joking?? I have a vague recollection of the concept, however more importantly, I was praising a non-Yorkshire player (moreover one from fucking Surrey), which surely trumps any attempt at light-hearted frivolity?

On another topic, does Kohli ever just trudge off having been given out, without asking for a review? I think he's taking the victory by England in the first test as a personal insult.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:55 pm

Bobbycollins wrote:On another topic, does Kohli ever just trudge off having been given out, without asking for a review? I think he's taking the victory by England in the first test as a personal insult.

Yeah, he's such a whiner. Liked the way he congratulated Joe on his innings but he is a spoilt child a lot of the time. Not walking the other day was fucking hilarious.
"Football is not so important that we can't have tolerance of incorrect evaluations."

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:33 am

Well, that's the win in the bag. Just have to got on with the mundanity of the cricket.

(Yes, a joke, obvs)
Member of a clique

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:53 am

Hurrah! Should at least be a match to watch now.
"Football is not so important that we can't have tolerance of incorrect evaluations."

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:49 am

Indian commentators talking arse already. Although they say India would have chosen to bat had they won the toss it was also "a good toss to lose" because of the twilight and the dew on the grass later on. Make yer fucking minds up, lads.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:27 am

Great stuff from Creepy.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:46 am

England with 4 seam bowlers and one spinner. Have they read this pitch correctly?

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:50 am

Bobbycollins wrote:England with 4 seam bowlers and one spinner. Have they read this pitch correctly?

One would assume not, since the local boys ought to know it better... but we'll see, I suppose.

Devi

Postby Devi » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:57 am

Well this is going swimmingly... :roll:
I like it. What is it?

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:38 am

Given the rotation system, the bubbles, the pitch, the ground, the partisan crowd, the ball, the opposition etc this was a truly enormous ask.

I'd have maybe put them in but I can understand why that wasn't on the cards.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:52 pm

Interesting point from the commentary that England appear to have switched from a first test strategy of playing forward to the spinners, to playing them on the back foot. However as the pitch has more pace than at Chennai, the batsmen are being beaten by straight balls.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:12 pm

That ball did look to have hit the turf - not sure what the England players are so upset about.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:17 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Well, that's the win in the bag. Just have to got on with the mundanity of the cricket.

(Yes, a joke, obvs)

Aye. STFU Olthwaite.

Jeezus.
Member of a clique

London_White

Postby London_White » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:43 am

So 2 day test match maybe?

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:46 am

Bollocks, I've been missing this through being out. If we can get 150 we have a chance here.

London_White

Postby London_White » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:50 am

dirty leeds wrote:Bollocks, I've been missing this through being out. If we can get 150 we have a chance here.

steady on - we've still got to make them bat again....

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:01 am

Yes indeed. Great start. Nobody should be playing test cricket on a wicket like this.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:06 am

Scenes

What the actual fuck is this?
Member of a clique

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:08 am

Shit wicket or not, that is a disgraceful start from us...........no plan of what they are going to do.

Bairstow just swinging away rather than looking at the pitch of the ball or the length.........you could have driven a car through that gap.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:10 am

At least Root has a plan. Turn it into a T20 game!!

Return to “The Square Ball”