The creekit

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
eric olthwaite

Re: The creekit

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:27 pm

Off Twatbook, made me laugh.

People compare chess and cricket a lot. I don't see it. I'm a keen chess player. If someone told me I had to play them at chess on an airbed in a tsunami, because they had home advantage and it was their choice, I'd tell them to piss off.
Member of a clique

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:34 am

So anyway, there's me thinking 205 is a shite score and Jimmy starts with that.
Keep it up, lad.
"Football is not so important that we can't have tolerance of incorrect evaluations."

BC

Postby BC » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:02 am

Looks like we’ve picked a bowling attack for the previous deck and not this one. Jimmy might have a lot of work to do.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:02 pm

At the end of the England innings I heard Emily Rainford Whatever express the opinion that England had chosen the wrong strategy by packing the batting and leaving the bowling too thin. I don't agree as I thought Archer did nothing with either bat or ball in the previous test and whilst Broad's bowling was OK, he didn't look likely to get a wicket and his batting is now very suspect. I don't have a great deal of confidence in Bess as yet but I think a 3 man spin bowling line up including Root has more chance of taking wickets than would be the case by adding an additional seam bowler. Moreover we need to pick 7 batsmen to ensure that at least 3 get double figures.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:09 pm

Bobbycollins wrote:At the end of the England innings I heard Emily Rainford Whatever express the opinion that England had chosen the wrong strategy by packing the batting and leaving the bowling too thin. I don't agree as I thought Archer did nothing with either bat or ball in the previous test and whilst Broad's bowling was OK, he didn't look likely to get a wicket and his batting is now very suspect. I don't have a great deal of confidence in Bess as yet but I think a 3 man spin bowling line up including Root has more chance of taking wickets than would be the case by adding an additional seam bowler. Moreover we need to pick 7 batsmen to ensure that at least 3 get double figures.

Yes, I think the plan is sensible. Now just a matter of, 'Will it make any fucking difference?'
We'll know by about lunchtime tomorrow.
"Football is not so important that we can't have tolerance of incorrect evaluations."

BC

Postby BC » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:19 pm

I honestly think we should’ve picked another seamer ahead of Bess. Especially given Stokes’ struggles. Will be very happy to be proven wrong though.

Root has looked in good bowling form. Hope he backs himself and gets a few overs in.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:28 am

Just turned on the telly to see Leach taking the sixth wicket. What a pleasant surprise: expected to find the home side about 200 for 3.
Come on, lads!

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:45 am

Hmm, not a great call by the umpire there. Just about understandable, I suppose. All about the height and he got it wrong.

Proud to be Leeds

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:06 am

Half a bail wasn't it? Toughie.
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:17 am

Proud to be Leeds wrote:Half a bail wasn't it? Toughie.

Just saying on TV that the bail doesn't even count - only the stump itself. Didn't know that. [And I don't agree with it.]

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:45 am

We just lost the match in the last 90 minutes. Shame, really: we had 'em going.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:56 pm

dirty leeds wrote:We just lost the match in the last 90 minutes. Shame, really: we had 'em going.

This. Never mind, we didn't get whitewashed at least

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:19 am

I mean, fucking hell..... :roll:

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:16 am

Haven't turned the telly on yet. Hoping I might miss it.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:22 am

dirty leeds wrote:Haven't turned the telly on yet. Hoping I might miss it.

Probabaly for the best.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:45 am

We haven't lost a wicket for ages... Oh, it's tea.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:32 am

On the plus side, we'll probably be seeing rather more of Bairstow playing for Yorkshire in the County Championship this summer.

Eddies Boots

Postby Eddies Boots » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:55 pm

I read another short article on this.
USA Cricket have purchased (or long-leased) some minor-league baseball stadium in the Dallas suburbs.
They have been picking up investors from the South-Asian community in the US - mostly connected with tech companies. And partnering to a degree with the Caribbean Premier League.
People interested in cricket with some money - can only be good for the game here. Basically, they want to own the rights and develop the streaming platforms.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:58 pm

Universe brain thinking by India - deny England anything approaching a challenge so they are inadequately prepared for the World Cup.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:52 pm

Surprise, surprise 3rd umpire doesn’t give stumping against Kohli. Nothing behind the line that’s a con job.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Return to “The Square Ball”