OT general news on sexual perversions

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
Ontolly
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 pm
Location: Shrewsbury

OT general news on sexual perversions

Postby Ontolly » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:30 pm

I just read the guardian article on The current Crewe shenanigans.
No idea if the link will work on tapatalk but I can't help but get suspicious on that Legendary coach of theirs.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... SApp_Other

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: OT general news on sexual perversions

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:55 pm

Ontolly wrote:I just read the guardian article on The current Crewe shenanigans.
No idea if the link will work on tapatalk but I can't help but get suspicious on that Legendary coach of theirs.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... SApp_Other


Gradi? Yeah, doesn't look good does it? In a small club environment with what? 30-50 people associated with youth training maybe, it's pretty hard to believe this got missed by everyone, surely?

User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: OT general news on sexual perversions

Postby the flying pig » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:31 am

yeah, i dunno, such an unpleasant story, especially with the [however tenuous] gary speed link.

was the guy directly employed crewe, and if so for long? gradi used to get paid on results, earning really big slices of the transfer fees that crewe used to bring in, for that reason & hopefully many others you'd like to think that he'd have been very concerned about his players' welfare.

User avatar
Ontolly
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 pm
Location: Shrewsbury

OT general news on sexual perversions

Postby Ontolly » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:34 pm

It was this bit;

Two players have independently told this newspaper of another person within the football world who they say abused them...

User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: OT general news on sexual perversions

Postby the flying pig » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:43 am

paul stewart. I always wondered what could drive a man to a perm that tight.

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: OT general news on sexual perversions

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:43 pm

Apparently David White is about to issue a statement on this.

Wakefield White
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:57 pm
Location: t'other side o't hills

Re: OT general news on sexual perversions

Postby Wakefield White » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:02 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Apparently David White is about to issue a statement on this.


beeb
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: OT general news on sexual perversions

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:30 pm

It's so easy to imagine the scenario, though: you'd give anything to make it pro; you're told you're in with a shout; you just want to please your parents; they lose sight of risks because maybe you'll make it...

User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: OT general news on sexual perversions

Postby the flying pig » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:23 pm

Yuk, looks like this type of thing was all the rage back in the 80s. Different times, I have not-so-fond memories of a local cub scouts helper, I wasn't in his pack but I knew many who were, many of whom claimed to have been fiddled with (a couple maybe truthfully) he did end up doing some time but the prevailing attitude st least amongst us kids was that the whole thing was a bit of a joke somehow.

Wakefield White
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:57 pm
Location: t'other side o't hills

Re: OT general news on sexual perversions

Postby Wakefield White » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:13 pm

Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: OT general news on sexual perversions

Postby the flying pig » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:32 pm

Looks like very much a northern thing. seems that we were the paedo capital of the world back in the day.

User avatar
Devi
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Crystal Palarse

Re: OT general news on sexual perversions

Postby Devi » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:10 pm

Let's play Leeds Utd bingo, Champions League to the present day:

Fraud? Check
Extra marital affairs? Check
Racism? Check
GBH? Check
Tax evasion? Check
Points deduction? Check
Relegation? Check
Playoff final loss? Check
Chairman banned? Check
Managers sacked? Check, check, check and so on
Sex discrimination? Check
Mortgage arrears? Check
Child abuse? Check


HOUSE! :cheers:

:roll:
I like it. What is it?

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: OT general news on sexual perversions

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:27 pm

The Algeria business would be an interesting new low on that list, arguably.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: OT general news on sexual perversions

Postby jackos » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:31 am

Isn't it a bit odd that the club suggest that "anyone with any complaints or concerns should contact the NSPCC helpline". I'm sure that whoever wrote it has the best intentions, but it struck me as an odd response to the news.

Leeds United have not been made aware of any allegations regarding sexual abuse from the PFA or any other governing bodies to date.

The Club would take any complaints seriously and will cooperate fully with the PFA and the FA with any such investigations.

The safeguarding of our young players is of the utmost importance to Leeds United.

Anyone with any complaints or concerns should contact the NSPCC helpline on 0800 023 2642 or contact the Club's Safeguarding Officer via email on safeguarding@leedsunited.com

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: OT general news on sexual perversions

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:05 am

jackos wrote:Isn't it a bit odd that the club suggest that "anyone with any complaints or concerns should contact the NSPCC helpline". I'm sure that whoever wrote it has the best intentions, but it struck me as an odd response to the news.

Leeds United have not been made aware of any allegations regarding sexual abuse from the PFA or any other governing bodies to date.

The Club would take any complaints seriously and will cooperate fully with the PFA and the FA with any such investigations.

The safeguarding of our young players is of the utmost importance to Leeds United.

Anyone with any complaints or concerns should contact the NSPCC helpline on 0800 023 2642 or contact the Club's Safeguarding Officer via email on safeguarding@leedsunited.com


It's not that great. Very tricky situation, since:

a) No actual allegations have been made; it's all hearsay, and
b) It's pretty much inconceivable that anyone who might have been involved could still be at the club

But, I dunno. Comes across as unnecessarily tetchy / defensive. The tone isn't quite right.

User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: OT general news on sexual perversions

Postby the flying pig » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:23 am

on eric's b), yeah, one of the few blessings of having revolving doors for coaching staff, any guilty parties will be long gone.

it might have been nice for the club to say that it was going to launch a thorough own-initiative review of its own, though off the top of my head I'm not sure how good an idea that would be if a criminal investigation is in the offing.

User avatar
Mustafaster
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am
Location: PC Brigade House.

Re: OT general news on sexual perversions

Postby Mustafaster » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:42 am

the flying pig wrote:on eric's b), yeah, one of the few blessings of having revolving doors for coaching staff, any guilty parties will be long gone.

it might have been nice for the club to say that it was going to launch a thorough own-initiative review of its own, though off the top of my head I'm not sure how good an idea that would be if a criminal investigation is in the offing.

Don't think that's a brilliant idea meself. The club investigating itself isn't the way forward.
Looks like there will be some kind of investigation similar to Yewtree.
Best to just cooperate as fully and openly as possible with that .
Agree the tone of the statement could have been better worded.
What a fuckin mess English football is in.
The FA us not fit for purpose.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

User avatar
Tycipa
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Re: OT general news on sexual perversions

Postby Tycipa » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:46 am

Is Taylor's comment related to David White or some other reported abuse that then connects the club to this issue?
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: OT general news on sexual perversions

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:56 am

Tycipa wrote:Is Taylor's comment related to David White or some other reported abuse that then connects the club to this issue?


That's the thing isn't it? Whilst transparency is all important, on something as serious as this Taylor should shut the fuck up until relevant information has been clearly defined. He's neither victim nor lawyer and if he says the wrong thing it could even prejudice a fair trial.

User avatar
Man Called Sun
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:26 am
Location: The dancefloor

Re: OT general news on sexual perversions

Postby Man Called Sun » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:43 am

eric olthwaite wrote:
Tycipa wrote:Is Taylor's comment related to David White or some other reported abuse that then connects the club to this issue?


That's the thing isn't it? Whilst transparency is all important, on something as serious as this Taylor should shut the fuck up until relevant information has been clearly defined. He's neither victim nor lawyer and if he says the wrong thing it could even prejudice a fair trial.

Absolutely this. Yet another example of Taylor shooting his fucking mouth off, he's been massively irresponsible. I assume this is the reason for the club's tetchiness.
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron