OT Music Festivals etc. etc.

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Mustafaster

Re: OT Music Festivals etc. etc.

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:13 pm

Man Called Sun wrote:
Tommy wrote:...so my writing is often repetitive and usually jarring.

Is no one gonna touch this?

Not me.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:32 pm

Well, quite.

In fairness, though (some of) the Cellino apologists have subsequently decided that they never cared for him after all, there was a good long while whereby every other post was some shite about how maybe he was just misunderstood or not such a bad chap etc. To me, those were repetitive, especially when they bore no connection to reality. It's hard to maintain composure at all times when someone is hurting the club you support and folk who should know better are sticking up for the person doing it.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:11 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Oheddieeddie wrote:You see this is why I haven't written anything for TSB mag for a while. I feel I have some interesting angles that would make what I have to say a worthwhile read, but I'm slightly embarrassed at how poor my grammar and sentence construction is. I don't remember much time being spent on those things at my school. Maybe I will give writing for TSB another crack, but I'm not sure how to easily improve those aspects

That's what an Editor is for. Does TSB have an Editor? :D

Well I think they prefer to 'hothouse' new talent in a more organic way! :right:

But yeah what Tommy said about learning when you're young

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:29 pm

Green Day at Leeds Arena on Sunday :cheers:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:51 pm

Ponte wrote:Green Day at Leeds Arena on Sunday :cheers:

Green, the fucker will most probably drop the mic

Ballgirl

Postby Ballgirl » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:11 am

Enjoy! Seen then earlier on this tour and they are as good as ever - Bang, Bang and Revolution Radio up there with some of their best early releases. One gripe - too much of Billie getting the audience to go "ooo oooo" or similar - was the same on the last tour. You'll know what I mean when you go ....
Prediction League Champion 2015-16

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:25 am

Ballgirl wrote:

Enjoy! Seen then earlier on this tour and they are as good as ever - Bang, Bang and Revolution Radio up there with some of their best early releases. One gripe - too much of Billie getting the audience to go "ooo oooo" or similar - was the same on the last tour. You'll know what I mean when you go ....

Ha, I will look out for it. He can get overly 'audience participation' at times. RR album is back to their best after the (in parts) terrible Uno, Dos and Tres (although I love Kill the DJ).
Favourite band, can't wait.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Munson

Postby Munson » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:26 am

Wasn't really on my playlist at the actual time, but love some of their stuff now. Great cover band material too.
:bounce:

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:05 am

Ballgirl wrote:

I see what you meant :mrgreen:
What a fucking show that was, easily the best gig I've ever been to.
Hmmm.

Ballgirl

Postby Ballgirl » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:38 am

Ponte wrote:
Ballgirl wrote:

My favorite band too - I am too young to have seen them right at the start of their careers but seen them 3 times now and they were brilliant on each occasion :D
Prediction League Champion 2015-16

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:19 am

Ponte wrote:I see what you meant :mrgreen:

First gig I ever went to was the V festival when it was still at Temple Newsham.
Green Day were on in the middle of the day, it was around Nimrod time. They set fire to the drumkit at the end of the set. What a great thing for a 15 year old to see eh? Proper band.
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

Wing Wizard

Postby Wing Wizard » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:25 pm

Ponte wrote:
Ballgirl wrote:

I was there last night as well and they were very good apart from overdoing the Freddy Mercury singalongs as you say.

I did get to thinking that I'd have preferred to have seen them 10 years ago and in a smaller venue, it was all a bit polished for me. When I saw the Dead Kennedy's at South Bank Poly in the early '80s there was none of this pyrotechnic stuff it was just raw aggression. Having said that for a punk band Green Day carried the Arena and the atmosphere was very good.

Devi

Postby Devi » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:27 pm

Man Called Sun wrote:V festival... a great thing for a 15 year old to see

Not a sequence I ever thought I'd ever read. While I'm sure Green Day's drum kit bonfire was a spectacle indeed, that you had to endure, at such an impressionable age, the very hell that is V demands my every sympathy.
I like it. What is it?

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:33 pm

Devi wrote:
Man Called Sun wrote:V festival... a great thing for a 15 year old to see

Not a sequence I ever thought I'd ever read. While I'm sure Green Day's drum kit bonfire was a spectacle indeed, that you had to endure, at such an impressionable age, the very hell that is V demands my every sympathy.

Well this was when it was in Leeds, so it was essentially Leeds festival with more logos.
I used to go to Temple Newsham all the time cos my grandma worked there, so to see this place I was so familiar with totally converted to the causes of teenage hedonism was a revelation. While Green Day were setting up, the big screen was doing that thing of showing girls on people's shoulders and not moving til they flashed their tits. Heady days.
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

Devi

Postby Devi » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:31 pm

Working BST again, Blondie on stage absofuckinglutely killing it.

And she's seventy cocking one years old!

:salute: :cheers:
I like it. What is it?

Devi

Postby Devi » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:16 pm

On the other hand, anyone's who's got Phil Collins in their death list can start counting their points.
I like it. What is it?

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:28 pm

So Er, I'm at "let's rock Exeter" tomorrow.

Does anyone know what the score is with these gigs (apparently there was one on in Leeds last week) i.e. How many songs does each group sing ?

Followed Big Country tours around the country in the 80s/90s although it's not the same without Stuart Adamson but they were pretty good a couple of years ago when Mike Peters (the alarm) did vocals so I'm open minded. I'm quite looking forward to Hazel o connor too. Proper punk chick in her day. Not sure you could say that about Toyah though

Has anyone seen, "from the Jam"? Any good?

Don't mind a bit of Howard Jones either, most of the rest can fuck off thouhh

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:38 am

Oheddieeddie wrote:So Er, I'm at "let's rock Exeter" tomorrow.

Does anyone know what the score is with these gigs (apparently there was one on in Leeds last week) i.e. How many songs does each group sing ?

Followed Big Country tours around the country in the 80s/90s although it's not the same without Stuart Adamson but they were pretty good a couple of years ago when Mike Peters (the alarm) did vocals so I'm open minded. I'm quite looking forward to Hazel o connor too. Proper punk chick in her day. Not sure you could say that about Toyah though

'Let's Rock' is false advertising. I saw the lineup for Temple Newsam.
Tony Fucking Hadley. Technotronic, ffs.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:06 am

Ponte wrote:

Aye Hadley is here anorl, it's hard to believe how massive Spandau were with music so crass. Nobody remembers now that they started off as an art rock, avant-guard band with some real artistic merit.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:35 am

Oheddieeddie wrote:
Ponte wrote:

Aye Hadley is here anorl, it's hard to believe how massive Spandau were with music so crass. Nobody remembers now that they started off as an art rock, avant-guard band with some real artistic merit.

It could only be made worse by the presence of Del Afuckingmitri...

Return to “The Square Ball”