Design Classics...

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: Design Classics...

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:59 am

Who wants some extra arms?

Time from product release to first wanking injury predicted at 13 hours.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Devi

Postby Devi » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:21 pm

When you form a new company, spend six months working your rocks off redesigning and rebuilding a 3.5 hectare site, and the previous designer - who's 'award winning' effort resulted in administration for the client - publicly claims your work as his own.

Classic.
I like it. What is it?

Munson

Postby Munson » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:43 pm

thechubbyone wrote:
Also from 99% invisible I discovered McMansion Hell. Expensive but awful houses from America - it's quite addictive reading.

Not sure if Chubby's old link still works, but I googled it after reading this on t'bbc. Strangely addictive as previously pointed out...

Property website Zillow backs down in row with McMansion Hell blog - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40456033

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:34 pm

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:49 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Fanny mould control

Jesus. Art students: put the science down and step away from the Vehicle.

Agar, tryptone and yeast extract is very cheap, 15g/L and a quick turn in the pressure cooker and you're good. For all the fucking good it'll do ya.

Also similarly designed to support women's intimate health, the Looncup – the "world's first smart menstruation cup" – connects to a phone app and provides updates about likelihood of surviving her moods through the weekend.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:25 pm

the flying pig wrote:http://www.wowhaus.co.uk/2018/01/17/apartment-in-the-brutalist-park-hill-development-sheffield-south-yorkshire/#more-21126

When you see those internal pictures you can kind of get the idea of what they envisaged these places to be, rather than what they became.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:04 pm

the flying pig wrote:http://www.wowhaus.co.uk/2018/01/17/apartment-in-the-brutalist-park-hill-development-sheffield-south-yorkshire/#more-21126

I mean, I could talk bollocks for hours on the history of this stuff, but the two key issues which usually get overlooked, to my mind are:

- '60's concrete nightmare' gets used as a catch-all reference. Some of this - particularly the system-built concrete panel stuff - was incredibly badly built, but by no means should that apply to all of it.
- There's really not enough differentiation in the public mind between architecture / design and ongoing management.

These are good flats, and a damn sight better than a lot of stuff built now, if looked after.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:13 pm

seeing this thread today goes together with a conversation i had today, a typical january natter about holidays and a colleague said he was off to holland on the hull rotterdam ferry, and i suggested he went to this place...
which is a market hall, with a massive internal mural of flowers and stuff and a huge variety of stalls featuring food and booze from around the world. it's a great place to spend a few hours. :thumbl:
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:53 am

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Design Classics...

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:20 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:The world's blackest building

Knocking Grenfell Tower down to number two then?

Yeah I know it’s still too soon.

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Design Classics...

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:03 pm

Anyway, did anyone else see the article on the Beeb the other day about the people designing imaginary football kits? Some absolute stunners in there in fairness.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/f ... 03ad84f588

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:16 am

Still Hates Gordon Watson wrote:Anyway, did anyone else see the article on the Beeb the other day about the people designing imaginary football kits? Some absolute stunners in there in fairness.

If you click through to that settpace chaps Instagram page he's got some really good all white kits too. The one he's done for Roma and his Toronto one in particular world make good LUFC templates.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:29 am

Still Hates Gordon Watson wrote:Anyway, did anyone else see the article on the Beeb the other day about the people designing imaginary football kits? Some absolute stunners in there in fairness.

Thinks about Leeds United organising a competition for fans submissions.

Shudders.

Devi

Postby Devi » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:56 pm

Far from a classic, and with several flaws - obviously identified on these pages - I appear to have been nominated for a creativepool award.

Well I bleedin' never... :cheers: :pale: :shock:

<takes life and professional future in own hands>

It's here, if you fancy a look / laugh / vote...

</takes life and professional future in own hands>
I like it. What is it?

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:55 pm

Devi wrote:Far from a classic, and with several flaws - obviously identified on these pages - I appear to have been nominated for a creativepool award.

:thumbl:

I'm not going to even attempt to take a proper stance on the quality or otherwise but, well, even if it's only nomination worthy rather than prize worthy: You've done that. there's a tangible outcome from your work you can stand back and admire (or critique through being a perfectionist, I'd be the same). Take it from someone who works for a large company which doesn't make anything, well away from the front lines - having that is not something to take for granted.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:20 pm

I'm asking Phil for motivational speeches next time I feel low about my job.

Nice one Devi.

Devi

Postby Devi » Tue May 01, 2018 3:51 pm

Me mate did a Thing. Well, some Things, actually. And you can buy them. If you like that kind of Thing.
I like it. What is it?

Devi

Postby Devi » Fri May 11, 2018 6:47 am

Devi wrote:Far from a classic, and with several flaws - obviously identified on these pages - I appear to have been nominated for a creativepool award.

I’m just going to leave this here...

For immediate release:

Devi wins People's Choice Gold in the Production category for Creativepool Annual 2018

The Creativepool Annual 2018 winners were revealed in a momentous night at Banking Hall, London on Thursday 10th May. With over 2,000 entries submitted and over 20,000 votes cast during People’s Choice, the creative competition in the Production category was particularly well contested. In a night of anticipation and celebration, Devi was announced as a “Gold” winner in the Production category.

The 2018 Edition of the Annual unveiled a spectacular showcase of the winning creative campaigns, works, people, brands and agencies from 2017, a true testament to the diverse talent found on Creativepool and a real reflection of the shifting, but ever-exciting creative industry.

This year, Creativepool challenged the industry with a controversial pastiche of the infamous Trainspotting quote, the power of choosing creativity over all was championed and recognised throughout. Creativepool awarded a phenomenal 285 Annuals, including 26 Gold Editions. The Annual 2018 saw winners spanning 18 countries and four continents, with Colenso BBDO and Ogilvy & Mather South Africa becoming the most awarded agencies.

“Every year we put creativity at the forefront with our unique award. This year we went a step further, asking industry figures to Choose Creativity above the jargon, data, and number-crunching that the world of advertising sometimes holds aloft. As always, thank you to our incredible judging panel, one of the most diverse yet, all the companies and individuals who entered this year and our amazing and ever growing community who make Creativepool, for me, the most exciting and inspiring place to be on the web.” - Michael Tomes, Founder, Creativepool

The Judges

Top level creatives and marketers from agencies and brands around the world make up the judging panel for the Creativepool Annual 2018. A collective rich in diversity and expertise, the judging panels were graced by representatives from from Unilever, Ogilvy, eBay, Framestore, The Engine Group, Twitter, Sony Music, Interbrand, Publicis and more.

:cheers:
I like it. What is it?

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri May 11, 2018 7:18 am

:thumbl:

You can put your prices up now.

Return to “The Square Ball”