Return To Standing At Matches

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
thechubbyone

Re: Return To Standing At Matches

Postby thechubbyone » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:46 pm

In extracts published on the Spectator’s website Mr MacKenzie wrote: “Now I know — you know, we all know — that the fans were right. But it took 23 years, two inquiries, one inquest and research into 400,000 documents, many of which were kept secret under the 30-year no-publication rule, to discover there was a vast cover-up by South Yorkshire Police about the disaster. Where does that leave me?”

You were a cunt 23 years ago when you published the story, you were a cunt for the intervening 23 years and you're still a cunt now. That's where it leaves you. You cunt.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:02 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Kelvin can go fuck himself. The odious twat was quite happy to run with those on the right and make his fortune kicking those not of their type back in the eighties, when his lot had all the power, so he's going to get no fucking sympathy from me now the boot is permanently on the other foot about Hillsborough. You're reaping what you sowed, Kelvin. My fucking heart bleeds.

:salute:
The arch irony of him playing the victim card is either extremely cynically deployed, or else he's just too thick to see it.
Don't care which, as chubby is right. He's an inveterate cunt.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:15 pm

From memory wasnt his arch piece of cuntishness printing close up pics of the dying being crushed against the fences? :study: NObody made him do that

Fax Man

Postby Fax Man » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:22 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:From memory wasnt his arch piece of cuntishness printing close up pics of the dying being crushed against the fences? :study: NObody made him do that

That was the Mirror.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:38 pm

Ah apologies then fair enough, obviously my general contempt of the man still stands.

Edit to add: (Even though I knew what it was going to be)............. Shit I really really wish I had never clicked on that link :puker:

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:38 pm

Fax Man wrote:
Oheddieeddie wrote:From memory wasnt his arch piece of cuntishness printing close up pics of the dying being crushed against the fences? :study: NObody made him do that

That was the Mirror.

I've never seen that before. Terrifying, disgusting, frustrating in equal measure, but most of all just incredibly saddening.

R.I.P. you poor bastards.
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:45 am

7 Arrests of Everton fans and trouble outside the ground between away fans and police of Hillsborough chants.

The comments highlighted from Everton fans seem to imply no responsibility for the situation what-so-ever.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:00 pm

I was thinking about that time, I loved the late 80's as a kid just embarking on adulthood, but it seemed like there was always a mass tragedy around the corner

11/05/85 .... Bradford fire kills 56
29/05/85 .....Heysel Stadium Disaster kills 39
06/03/87 .....Herald of Free enterprise sinks killing 193
15/04/89......Hillsborough Disaster kills 96
20/08/89 .....Marchioness sunk by Bow Belle on Thames, downing 51

:(

Ontolly

Return To Standing At Matches

Postby Ontolly » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:30 pm

This is why elf and safety is so powerful
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:35 pm

there's, uh, a dramatisation on itv just now. i'm still holding my breath at how pointless it seems. the acting seems good, at least in parts, but......

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:19 pm

Thirteen English league clubs support re-introducing standing at football grounds, according to a fans' group.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20679867

English league clubs backing trial

Aston Villa
Brentford
Bristol City
Burnley
Cardiff City
Crystal Palace
Derby County
Doncaster Rovers
Hull City
Peterborough United
Plymouth Argyle
Watford
AFC Wimbledon

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:38 pm

AndyPaul wrote:Thirteen English league clubs support re-introducing standing at football grounds, according to a fans' group.

Aston Villa
Brentford
Bristol City
Burnley
Cardiff City
Crystal Palace
Derby County
Doncaster Rovers
Hull City
Peterborough United
Plymouth Argyle
Watford
AFC Wimbledon

well, i mean, a fair few of those clubs [afc wimbledon; p'boro; brentford; any others??] already: (1) have standing; and (2) have no very prospect of getting into the prem or even the second tier on anything other than an occasional basis, so i'm not sure how much their support really means?

prem clubs other than villa conspicuous by their absence.

BARE-NAKED-LADY

Postby BARE-NAKED-LADY » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:51 pm

the flying pig wrote:
AndyPaul wrote:Thirteen English league clubs support re-introducing standing at football grounds, according to a fans' group.

Aston Villa
Brentford
Bristol City
Burnley
Cardiff City
Crystal Palace
Derby County
Doncaster Rovers
Hull City
Peterborough United
Plymouth Argyle
Watford
AFC Wimbledon

well, i mean, a fair few of those clubs [afc wimbledon; p'boro; brentford; any others??] already: (1) have standing; and (2) have no very prospect of getting into the prem or even the second tier on anything other than an occasional basis, so i'm not sure how much their support really means?

prem clubs other than villa conspicuous by their absence.

Yeah, you're probably right TFP, I remember visiting a few League 1 grounds where there was already standing, Brentford and Peterborough being two of them. I remember standing at Yeovil too. Trying to think of others.
B-N-L

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:25 pm

the flying pig wrote:prem clubs other than villa conspicuous by their absence.

Indeed, that link actually goes on to point out that they're dead against it:
But a Premier League statement says they will "not be encouraging the Government to change the law".

It reads: "Since the introduction of all-seater stadia the supporter experience has improved significantly and we have seen more diverse crowds attending Premier League matches, including more women and children.

"The police, safety officers and licensing authorities remain clear and have consistently informed us that crowd management has improved as a result of all-seater stadiums being in place in the top two divisions in this country."

Therefore it won't happen eh?

I can't imagine the Premiership clubs going in for it in any meaningful way til there's a financial imperative to do so.
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:27 pm

Man Called Sun wrote:
I can't imagine the Premiership clubs going in for it in any meaningful way til there's a financial imperative to do so.

Nail, head, smack!
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:04 pm

To be honest, I think the only way this will ever happen is if a club feels suitably motivated to go and do it without asking permission first. AFC Wimbledon might be the perfect side to do that, if they manage to find a site and funding to get their own ground. Presumably the seating would pass safety requirements, given they use it all over germany and they can stick it in standing mode where the authorities can't object, eg pre-season friendlies, with a view to gaining approval to use it for league matches, in a division where all seaters are not mandatory.

Still never happen mind, looks expensive compared to bog standard seating. Also, what do they do with the bar when in seating mode? Appears to me that it'd be pretty much at eye level.

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:20 pm

Man Called Sun wrote:"Since the introduction of all-seater stadia the supporter experience has improved significantly.

Everything that is wrong with the modern game in ten words. How the fuck did we ever let these fucking chumps take over our game? Nevermind coin throwing, anyone uttering the phrase 'SUPPORTER EXPERIENCE' should be banned from all forms of football for life.

Fucking PL, fuck off.

Edit to say, actually banning the cunts from football probably wouldn't make a difference. It's bleeding obvious they never go games, or if they do they watch the games on a TV screen, with their backs the pitch n the central heating on.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:52 pm

BARE-NAKED-LADY wrote:Yeah, you're probably right TFP, I remember visiting a few League 1 grounds where there was already standing, Brentford and Peterborough being two of them. I remember standing at Yeovil too. Trying to think of others.

Carlisle, Exeter, Hereford, Swindon, Bristol Rovers, Scunthorpe, Wycombe, etc
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Supernorm

Postby Supernorm » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:10 pm

Standing in the kop and abusing the occasional ballsy steward who tries to make the crowd sit, now that's "Supporter Experience" :bounce: :bounce:
Gripper wrote: "I did a Shaolin Qi-Gong taster sesh a few weeks back. Dead good it was" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fax Man

Postby Fax Man » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:11 pm

Get the feeling there's a slightly more positive spin on this than the reality but good to hear the Police aren't totally against it...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... s-standing

A pilot area at 5-10 grounds can't do any harm IMO. Seems like a sensible proposal by the FSF.

If our owners-to-be knew anything about football they'd get behind this. Perfect way to show they're on the fans' side.

Return to “The Square Ball”