Return To Standing At Matches

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side

dirty leeds

Re: Return To Standing At Matches

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:43 am

famousallwhitestrip wrote:Was there with leeds V coventry semi 2 years earlier Police delayed KO 30mins, it was red hot and by Kick off I was exhausted, and crushed , I had an orange in my pocket and was thirsty as a desert rat but but could not get orange out of pocket at Half time me and my mate decided to get out , the only way was up the back wall into the seats at the back of Leppings lane we went to the very back and sat on the concrete step in gang way , police came to chuck us out, and we said its crushed down there SOME ONE WILL GET KILLED , There response was `quote` well fuck of back to leeds then

Phil Hay at YEP looking to speak to fans like you - just been tweeting about it:

Trying to find #lufc fans who were in middle pens of Leppings Lane end for 87 FA Cup semi. Email phil.hay@ypn.co.uk. Many thanks

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:56 am

Footballers football show gave a interesting summary of the whole situation. Never knew Neil Fitzmaurice was a survivor from hillsborough was very sad listening to what he had gone through in the last 23 years.

thechubbyone

Postby thechubbyone » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:08 am

Mr Reality wrote:Footballers football show gave a interesting summary of the whole situation. Never knew Neil Fitzmaurice was a survivor from hillsborough was very sad listening to what he had gone through in the last 23 years.

Just reading his account here. Really brings home how awful it must have been - it sounds more like a scene from Saving Private Ryan than a football match.

By now word was getting back about what was happening, so people started rushing out. That caused its own trouble for people back in the tunnel. I believe I was only seconds away from losing consciousness. I silently did a deal with God, looking up and telling Him: "Get me out and I'll go to church every day." It sounds ridiculous now. Someone near me was trying to lift themselves up and as he did his elbow ended up in my throat. It wasn't his fault, he was just trying to get out. I moved my head and he lost his balance, so he put his hand on my shoulder and I was pushed back. This meant I pushed the guy in front of me and he fell… I can see his face as if it was yesterday. For one reason or another there was suddenly some room. There was a guy next to me with a Crown Paints Liverpool top, moustache and a feathered haircut. The Scouser look of the time, you know. He was about 40-odd and I was 17. I grabbed his arm and we started moving towards the steps in between the pens that led to the pitch - but stupidly the safety gate designed to ease congestion was locked. We started lifting some people over the fence. There was this guy - he was purple and grey. I presumed he was unconscious but it turned out he was dead. As we lifted him up I told him to get onto the pitch once he was over the fence, but as soon as we let go of him he just thudded to the floor. That's when I knew we had to get out of there. I climbed onto barrier, down and onto the pitch. I fell on my back and I distinctly remember a completely blue sky. I totally switched off from everything going on around me.

I got up and it was absolute pandemonium. My first thought was that my brother had been through what I'd just been through. Then something miraculous happened. I was 10 or 15 yards onto the pitch and in the midst of the screams I heard 'Fitzy'. I turned right and without scanning the crowd I spotted my brother's best mate and my brother in the pens. I collapsed at that point. I had two brothers there - one in another stand - but Peter was the one I didn't think would get through it. I was in a state but I got myself together. My mate Ian was trying to pull down one of the fences. They had ballooned with the force. I went to help with another couple of lads but we were stopped by police officers. They never said a word - they couldn't. They just started pushing us backwards, their eyes dead. I can still see their faces now. They had completely short-circuited. We said, 'Help us pull the fence down'. No answer. A guy from St John's Ambulance came up to me and opened a tin with a tube of Savlon and a bandage in. This kid was crying. I just looked at him and thought, 'What's that going to do?' Ambulances had oxygen canisters that were empty - there was such a lack of provision.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:50 am

thechubbyone wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Footballers football show gave a interesting summary of the whole situation. Never knew Neil Fitzmaurice was a survivor from hillsborough was very sad listening to what he had gone through in the last 23 years.

Just reading his account here. Really brings home how awful it must have been - it sounds more like a scene from Saving Private Ryan than a football match.

By now word was getting back about what was happening, so people started rushing out. That caused its own trouble for people back in the tunnel. I believe I was only seconds away from losing consciousness. I silently did a deal with God, looking up and telling Him: "Get me out and I'll go to church every day." It sounds ridiculous now. Someone near me was trying to lift themselves up and as he did his elbow ended up in my throat. It wasn't his fault, he was just trying to get out. I moved my head and he lost his balance, so he put his hand on my shoulder and I was pushed back. This meant I pushed the guy in front of me and he fell… I can see his face as if it was yesterday. For one reason or another there was suddenly some room. There was a guy next to me with a Crown Paints Liverpool top, moustache and a feathered haircut. The Scouser look of the time, you know. He was about 40-odd and I was 17. I grabbed his arm and we started moving towards the steps in between the pens that led to the pitch - but stupidly the safety gate designed to ease congestion was locked. We started lifting some people over the fence. There was this guy - he was purple and grey. I presumed he was unconscious but it turned out he was dead. As we lifted him up I told him to get onto the pitch once he was over the fence, but as soon as we let go of him he just thudded to the floor. That's when I knew we had to get out of there. I climbed onto barrier, down and onto the pitch. I fell on my back and I distinctly remember a completely blue sky. I totally switched off from everything going on around me.

I got up and it was absolute pandemonium. My first thought was that my brother had been through what I'd just been through. Then something miraculous happened. I was 10 or 15 yards onto the pitch and in the midst of the screams I heard 'Fitzy'. I turned right and without scanning the crowd I spotted my brother's best mate and my brother in the pens. I collapsed at that point. I had two brothers there - one in another stand - but Peter was the one I didn't think would get through it. I was in a state but I got myself together. My mate Ian was trying to pull down one of the fences. They had ballooned with the force. I went to help with another couple of lads but we were stopped by police officers. They never said a word - they couldn't. They just started pushing us backwards, their eyes dead. I can still see their faces now. They had completely short-circuited. We said, 'Help us pull the fence down'. No answer. A guy from St John's Ambulance came up to me and opened a tin with a tube of Savlon and a bandage in. This kid was crying. I just looked at him and thought, 'What's that going to do?' Ambulances had oxygen canisters that were empty - there was such a lack of provision.

Strong, powerful stuff. Absolutely tragic.

the flying pig

Return To Standing At Matches

Postby the flying pig » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:35 am

Nice snippet in a Sunday times article about cess-scum today. Fergie asked if he ever gets "serious abuse" at Anfield, says, "...no, not a bit. Never. Different from Leeds!"

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:11 am

the flying pig wrote:Nice snippet in a Sunday times article about cess-scum today. Fergie asked if he ever gets "serious abuse" at Anfield, says, "...no, not a bit. Never. Different from Leeds!"

Watching motd from yesterday, I nearly chucked me mug through the telly when Lineker asked "for some respect please" at that game today. The man's disappeared completely up his arse hasn't he?
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:04 am

Man Called Sun wrote:
the flying pig wrote:Nice snippet in a Sunday times article about cess-scum today. Fergie asked if he ever gets "serious abuse" at Anfield, says, "...no, not a bit. Never. Different from Leeds!"

Watching motd from yesterday, I nearly chucked me mug through the telly when Lineker asked "for some respect please" at that game today. The man's disappeared completely up his arse hasn't he?

Seems he was ignored though, saw some footage of the scum fans on SSN this morning:
"its never your fault, its never your fault, always the victims, its never your fault"

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:01 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Man Called Sun wrote:

Seems he was ignored though, saw some footage of the scum fans on SSN this morning:
"its never your fault, its never your fault, always the victims, its never your fault"

This only started when a few Liverpool fans decided to do aeroplane signs. Can't believe I have just kind of defended scum fans.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:12 pm

AndyPaul wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:Seems he was ignored though, saw some footage of the scum fans on SSN this morning:

This only started when a few Liverpool fans decided to do aeroplane signs. Can't believe I have just kind of defended scum fans.

I stopped short of defending or criticising, they still have a victim culture in Liverpool, even if they've been fully vindicated on Hillsborough. Will be interesting to see what further action is taken here though, a slippery slope if they do.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:16 pm

The pre-match thing Liverpool did yesterday was a bit bizarre, couldn't decide if I was impressed or pissed off by it. I'll settle on bemused for now.

Quite funny watching the scum fans through it all. They went from grudging applause during the Bobby Charlton/balloons bit to outright fury as it dragged on and on - culninating in both sides stood around sheepishly in formation as KO was delayed to let the scousers sing YNWA in full :lol:
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

ddwhite

Postby ddwhite » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:38 pm

has anyone seen any robust evidence that anything new came out of the recent hillsborough 'report'?
by that i mean which/what are the documents.. they are all available online but afaik they havent been brandished by any of the main journalists running with it.. David Conn et al
yes its terrible that plod tried to subvert things but i would have thought that there would be a 'smoking gun' somehwere
just a thought
Here we go..

London_White

Postby London_White » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:41 pm

ddwhite wrote:has anyone seen any robust evidence that anything new came out of the recent hillsborough 'report'?
by that i mean which/what are the documents.. they are all available online but afaik they havent been brandished by any of the main journalists running with it.. David Conn et al
yes its terrible that plod tried to subvert things but i would have thought that there would be a 'smoking gun' somehwere
just a thought

so you don't think evidence of tampering with statements given by their own officers, in which they queried amongst other things: the choice of the officer in charge, the tactics, the lack of experienced officers in general and specifically the lack of officers when they were required, and the briefing given to number 10 blaming the fans - none of this is enough?
then maybe the fact that 40 or so of the victims were alive in the makeshift mortuary and could have been saved but for the fact that there was no oxygen available to help revive them
they didn't really 'try' to subvert things so much as succeed until this was published, up until this point there were plenty who still believed the OB and not the cess fans
or have I just misunderstood your post?

ddwhite

Postby ddwhite » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:25 pm

its a very sensitive subject and rightly so and i am in no way belittling any of the issues surrounding it. it could have been me 2 yrs earlier and i am jsut being as objective as possible. the word new in my post is important because most (if not all) of this was already known
amending statements was already out there and the Taylor report went chapter and verse into the actual policing. hence no standing and alcohol, one of which has obviously been relaxed
how do you know the '41' were able to be saved? 3 of the country's leading forensic pathologists would have been involved in those pm's and the doctor making those claims in the report is not of particularly high standing. he was understudy to one H Shipman
the sun newspaper ran a story which caused outrage, but there are independant witness statements on the website backing up the claims made which unsurprisingly haven't been highlighted by anyone
clearly enough time has passed so that there is significant political gain to now be made for a lot of people
i know someone who lost two immediate relatives and most of the families wanted very little to do with the furore surrounding the 'independent' panel's approach to all this
underneath it all its incredibly sad and for scum and cess to have a vague truce about it speaks volumes
it could have been us
Here we go..

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:36 pm

ddwhite wrote:its a very sensitive subject and rightly so and i am in no way belittling any of the issues surrounding it. it could have been me 2 yrs earlier and i am jsut being as objective as possible. the word new in my post is important because most (if not all) of this was already known
amending statements was already out there and the Taylor report went chapter and verse into the actual policing. hence no standing and alcohol, one of which has obviously been relaxed
how do you know the '41' were able to be saved? 3 of the country's leading forensic pathologists would have been involved in those pm's and the doctor making those claims in the report is not of particularly high standing. he was understudy to one H Shipman
the sun newspaper ran a story which caused outrage, but there are independant witness statements on the website backing up the claims made which unsurprisingly haven't been highlighted by anyone
clearly enough time has passed so that there is significant political gain to now be made for a lot of people
i know someone who lost two immediate relatives and most of the families wanted very little to do with the furore surrounding the 'independent' panel's approach to all this
underneath it all its incredibly sad and for scum and cess to have a vague truce about it speaks volumes
it could have been us

All of the answers are in the report, you should definitely read the summary document on that website. It's about 25 pages.
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:40 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... um=twitter

The former editor of The Sun is understood to be seeking an apology over the decades of “personal vilification” he was subjected to after publishing the infamous front page story alleging Liverpool fans had stolen from the dead and urinated on police officers.

Mr MacKenzie claimed the information had been printed in good faith following briefings South Yorkshire Police had given to a Sheffield based news agency.

The publication of the Hillsborough report earlier this month, confirmed that the South Yorkshire Force had orchestrated a huge cover up in order to avoid responsibility for the tragedy in which 96 Liverpool fans.

Writing in this week’s Spectator magazine, Mr MacKenzie claims he has been placed in physical danger since because of the controversy over the original story and wants “recompense” from the South Yorkshire police.

In extracts published on the Spectator’s website Mr MacKenzie wrote: “Now I know — you know, we all know — that the fans were right. But it took 23 years, two inquiries, one inquest and research into 400,000 documents, many of which were kept secret under the 30-year no-publication rule, to discover there was a vast cover-up by South Yorkshire Police about the disaster. Where does that leave me?”

Mr MacKenzie also suggests that the backlash against The Sun newspaper, was politically motivated rather than based on genuine anger over the story.

He wrote: “Liverpool fans didn’t turn on other media, only the Sun. That has always puzzled me. Was it picked out because the paper had always backed Thatcher, while the city had always been pro-Labour?”

On September 12 a damning report by the Hillsborough Independent Panel said a cover-up took place to shift the blame on to the victims and 41 of the 96 lives lost could have been saved.

The panel found 164 police statements were altered, 116 of them to remove or change "unfavourable" comments about the policing of the match and the unfolding disaster.

The following day both Mr MacKenzie and current Sun editor Dominic Mohan apologised for the newspaper's role.

Sometimes its best to just shut the fuck up.

Porkchopexpress

Postby Porkchopexpress » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:00 pm

MacKenzie is a prick. Always has been, always will be.
TERRY VENABLES.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:38 pm

KM kind of has half a point but the tone & timing of this are so crass that...

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:44 pm

Kelvin can go fuck himself. The odious twat was quite happy to run with those on the right and make his fortune kicking those not of their type back in the eighties, when his lot had all the power, so he's going to get no fucking sympathy from me now the boot is permanently on the other foot about Hillsborough. You're reaping what you sowed, Kelvin. My fucking heart bleeds.

Return to “The Square Ball”