Youth

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
rss1969

Re: Youth

Post by rss1969 »

As per normal we are all over them and they score the 1st time they enter our half

Mis-hit cross but what is the bloody keeper doing there?
Quiffy

Post by Quiffy »

:thumbl: Liking gnonto 's early doors
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.
Devi

Post by Devi »

Well this is going well then
I like it. What is it?
rss1969

Post by rss1969 »

Cracker from Joffy

2-2
Quiffy

Post by Quiffy »

Devi wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:26 pm
Well this is going well then
It is now :cheers:
2-2 perkins and gelhardt
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.
dirty leeds

Post by dirty leeds »

That's more like it.
"Football is not so important that we can't have tolerance of incorrect evaluations."
dirty leeds

Post by dirty leeds »

Splendid. 3-2 to us.
"Football is not so important that we can't have tolerance of incorrect evaluations."
rss1969

Post by rss1969 »

Shite at the back mind..........they have had 4 attacks and could have scored each time!

In fairness Sutcliffe, Moore & Spencer are 18 and up against grown men
dirty leeds

Post by dirty leeds »

So, 3-3 H-T.
Phil LUFC

Post by Phil LUFC »

Quiffy wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:09 pm
Phatphil65 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:08 pm
Any links?
It's on lutv
Nose, spite and face spring to mind. I remain annoyed there's no LUTV bolt on at a discounted rate for season ticket holders.
easyone

Post by easyone »

Any illicit links for tonight's action?

Seconded that it's so shit you don't get LUTV as a ST holder
dirty leeds

Post by dirty leeds »

The lads saw that out nicely after the red card.
Quiffy

Post by Quiffy »

gyabi was excellent that second half. he glides past players with the ball as well as being strong enough to make sure people don't glide past him. perkins looked class again, particularly liked some of his through balls where he took all the pace of the ball to make it easy for the attacker running in behind. gnonto was a little ball of fury by the end who the tranmere fans were bating, always a sign you're playing well. his turn of pace, distribution, control of the ball and strength make him a very similar option to gelhardt. it's going to be hard to keep both happy in the long run. joffy's two goals will help maintain his profile for the next week or so.

that was far more enjoyable than the villa game on sunday.
rss1969

Post by rss1969 »

Very good performance.

Dodgy at the back considering that there was next to no attacks for Tranmere but we had a young back 4 out and Greenwood is never a holding midfielder which did not help them.

Drameh, Gyabi, Gnonto, Perkins, Joseph & especially Joffy stood out. Too good for this level.

Greenwood needs to wind his neck in a bit. He loves to get involved in niggle with the opposition rather than just playing his game. I understand that he likes to be competitive but there was no need for the tackle he made. He is also not a CM and if we try and change him into that position he will end up moving on, he does not have the defensive awareness or temperament needed and it is a waste of his talent.

I thought Gyabi was excellent especially when we were down to 10 men. Dropped deeper and protected things very well. Super pass for the 2nd goal and released Perkins to make the pass for the 3rd.
dirty leeds

Post by dirty leeds »

Quiffy wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:17 pm
gyabi was excellent that second half. he glides past players with the ball as well as being strong enough to make sure people don't glide past him. perkins looked class again, particularly liked some of his through balls where he took all the pace of the ball to make it easy for the attacker running in behind. gnonto was a little ball of fury by the end who the tranmere fans were bating, always a sign you're playing well. his turn of pace, distribution, control of the ball and strength make him a very similar option to gelhardt. it's going to be hard to keep both happy in the long run. joffy's two goals will help maintain his profile for the next week or so.

that was far more enjoyable than the villa game on sunday.

Yeah, all that. Gyabi is a talent. I could see him making it.
eric olthwaite

Post by eric olthwaite »

So is it the same U21 rules for the pizza cup? 5 overage?
Member of a clique
Phil LUFC

Post by Phil LUFC »

Highlights:

Greenwood's challenge looked more yellow than red to me (and the one just before on Perkins was also a hard yellow).
welshwhite

Post by welshwhite »

Phil LUFC wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:05 am
Highlights:

Greenwood's challenge looked more yellow than red to me (and the one just before on Perkins was also a hard yellow).
:thumbl:
People can say what they like about Victor Orta but the future looks bright under him.
rss1969

Post by rss1969 »

Out of last nights matches involving PL U21 sides only Scum, Chelsea and ourselves won. It is still quite rare to beat an open age pro team with 18-20 yr olds. To do it scoring 5 is a decent performance.
eric olthwaite

Post by eric olthwaite »

rss1969 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:10 pm
Out of last nights matches involving PL U21 sides only Scum, Chelsea and ourselves won. It is still quite rare to beat an open age pro team with 18-20 yr olds. To do it scoring 5 is a decent performance.
Yeah, it's interesting. I don't know whether Tranmere were fielding a 'cup team'. In our group, Tranmere and Crewe are side by side midtable in L2 but Bolton are (currently) I think in playoff spots in L1. They'll be a more significant test.
Member of a clique