I would love it, just love it. Cyberkop.

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
metalsmurf

Re: I would love it, just love it. Cyberkop.

Postby metalsmurf » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:29 pm

Watching MOTD this morning, if anybody but Shearer is in the studio, that edit is very different. I agree with the penalty shout though, I'd have been very unhappy if that had been ours.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

the eggman

Postby the eggman » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:34 pm

Can someone pass this onto Bielsa.

You’re God. But God created Philip Scofield so proves he doesn’t get it right all the time.

To do list
1. Sell Rodrigo to a Spanish club. It’s what he wants. Free up some ££
2. Sell/ loan out Roberts. He’s just not good enough. Free up some ££
3. Play Gelhardt ( in the striker role!!) even when Bamford is fit
4. If you think Gelhardt isn’t ready, then buy a striker. Proper striker. Play the striker in the striker position. Set tactics to play in favour of having a striker on the pitch.
5. Bamford isn’t good enough for a mid table premier league team. He can be a back up striker, if he is ever fit again.

I am by available for further advice.
bubble wrap and baby oil.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:43 pm

the eggman wrote:Can someone pass this onto Bielsa.

You’re God. But God created Philip Scofield so proves he doesn’t get it right all the time.

To do list
1. Sell Rodrigo to a Spanish club. It’s what he wants. Free up some ££
2. Sell/ loan out Roberts. He’s just not good enough. Free up some ££
3. Play Gelhardt ( in the striker role!!) even when Bamford is fit
4. If you think Gelhardt isn’t ready, then buy a striker. Proper striker. Play the striker in the striker position. Set tactics to play in favour of having a striker on the pitch.
5. Bamford isn’t good enough for a mid table premier league team. He can be a back up striker, if he is ever fit again.

I am by available for further advice.

1. Agree
2. Agree
3. Not for me, in our system. 1 Striker.
4. Agree, but, we did play those tactics yesterday, without the striker :D
5. Disagree
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

BARE-NAKED-LADY

Postby BARE-NAKED-LADY » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:39 pm

metalsmurf wrote:Watching MOTD this morning, if anybody but Shearer is in the studio, that edit is very different. I agree with the penalty shout though, I'd have been very unhappy if that had been ours.

This. I distinctly remember Jackie gliding past Trippier countless times in the first half.
B-N-L

BARE-NAKED-LADY

Postby BARE-NAKED-LADY » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:42 pm

Ponte wrote:
BARE-NAKED-LADY wrote:
Ponte wrote:The pressing is very important but the amount of times we play good balls into the box to where a CF should be and nobody is there is criminal.
Separate point but one that annoys me is that James also needs to watch some videos of us last year and in the championship and see how good pulling the ball back can be.

True in regards to Dan's passing, but he played a peach of a pass in the box in the second half and ironically coming back to your first point, nobody was there to tap it in.

Need a proper striker. Seems Tommy was right, Bamford could be out for the rest of the season. (angry face).

Im not slating James really, I like him a lot just sometimes he needs to look more.

I like him. It just doesn't work for him up front against 7ft defenders.
B-N-L

BARE-NAKED-LADY

Postby BARE-NAKED-LADY » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:48 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
BARE-NAKED-LADY wrote:
I'm in agreement Phil, but there's no point in pressing (James & Tyler), when you score fk all goals. Rodrigo is a striker (I think) the other 2 aren't.
Or maybe drop Rodrigo & put Jackie up front who can actually score & James on the wing. He's said in the past that Jackie can play up front, why not try it.

I'm not convinced Harrison is any more suited to it in truth. At this stage the answer should be simple: Play Gelhardt there.

I agree we should be using Rodrigo as a striker (or not at all) and not as a #10. Our #10 role under Bielsa has always been creative midfielder rather than 2nd striker, even if we've often played a striker there.

Hopefully we get this lad from Salzburg and then Bielsa feels obligated to play him in the way he seemingly feels obligated to play Rodrigo.

Exactly. We've needed that Pablo, Saiz replacement for a while. That's why I'll be excited if we pull this off, but I'm expecting to be disappointed.

As for Gerthardt. Yep. Play him. Or buy a back up for Bamford. Sick of it. Those chances in the first half were ridiculous. Going by the Chelsea goal, he'd have been in that space. :(
B-N-L

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:31 pm

I have of late,—but wherefore I know not,—lost all my mirth, forgone all custom of exercises; and indeed, it goes so heavily with my disposition that this goodly frame, the earth, seems to me a sterile promontory; this most excellent canopy, the air, look you, this brave o’erhanging firmament, this majestical roof fretted with golden fire,—why, it appears no other thing to me than a foul and pestilent congregation of vapours. What a piece of work is man! How noble in reason! how infinite in faculties! in form and moving, how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension, how like a god! the beauty of the world! the paragon of animals! And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust?

Eh? Eh? …. You guys!!

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:44 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:I have of late,—but wherefore I know not,—lost all my mirth, forgone all custom of exercises; and indeed, it goes so heavily with my disposition that this goodly frame, the earth, seems to me a sterile promontory; this most excellent canopy, the air, look you, this brave o’erhanging firmament, this majestical roof fretted with golden fire,—why, it appears no other thing to me than a foul and pestilent congregation of vapours. What a piece of work is man! How noble in reason! how infinite in faculties! in form and moving, how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension, how like a god! the beauty of the world! the paragon of animals! And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust?

Eh? Eh? …. You guys!!

Spoiler alert - it's OK, Hamlet cheers up after watching a re-run of the victory at West Ham and after a brief reflection that the Newcastle games was merely an "As flies to wanton boys" moment, he looks forward to Gelhardt starting as a striker against Villa.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:51 pm

You're both bard.
"Football is not so important that we can't have tolerance of incorrect evaluations."

Billy Casper

Postby Billy Casper » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:13 am

Very bard indeed
Bueno!

Batty's Boots

Postby Batty's Boots » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:28 am

Oheddieeddie wrote:I have of late,—but wherefore I know not,—lost all my mirth, forgone all custom of exercises; and indeed, it goes so heavily with my disposition that this goodly frame, the earth, seems to me a sterile promontory; this most excellent canopy, the air, look you, this brave o’erhanging firmament, this majestical roof fretted with golden fire,—why, it appears no other thing to me than a foul and pestilent congregation of vapours. What a piece of work is man! How noble in reason! how infinite in faculties! in form and moving, how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension, how like a god! the beauty of the world! the paragon of animals! And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust?

Eh? Eh? …. You guys!!

Man delights not me, nor women neither, nor women neither.

Or Tyler Roberts. :king:
Get In!

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:17 am

Eh? Eh? …. You guys!!

:salute:

Shall we play the wantons with our woes,
And make some pretty match with shedding tears?
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:31 am

Wherefore art thou Patrick?

Devi

Postby Devi » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:12 am

Fuck me. Shelvey in Garth Crooks’ Team of the week.

:shock:
I like it. What is it?

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:19 am

Having reflected on the Tyler Roberts situation, I've concluded that just as some teachers continually pick the village idiot as Milk Monitor, in order to boost his self-esteem, Bielsa will continue to select Tyler until the fans show him more love. As such we (quickly) need a Tyler song/chant. Something rousing that can be sung with passion and pride. Based on the idea suggested the other week of a song based on that terrible dirge, Ilkley Moor, how about:
We all think Tyler's really good, really good
First name on the sheet he really should
Be
He's more prolific than Chris Wood, than Chris Wood
Or would be if he knew where the fucking goal was or stopped giving the ball away to set up opposition attacks resulting in a goal
Alledgedly

Of course there is a danger if we show Tyler too much love that Bielsa might think "My work here is done" but perhaps I'm over-thinking the problem

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:27 am

rss1969 wrote:Wherefore art thou Patrick?

Irish heritage maybe?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:38 am

Here’s as good a place as any. Made me laugh this morning…

AmarinderBedi

Postby AmarinderBedi » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:51 am

Devi wrote:Fuck me. Shelvey in Garth Crooks’ Team of the week.

Garth Crooks is a self-important idiot -> no one should care what he thinks.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:11 pm

AmarinderBedi wrote:

Garth Crooks is a self-important idiot -> no one should care what he thinks.

And I don't. Hurrah!
"Football is not so important that we can't have tolerance of incorrect evaluations."

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:43 pm

Hang on which of the bards plays is that quote from?

Return to “The Square Ball”