Let's 'ammer those fucking 'Ammers CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
welshwhite

Re: Let's 'ammer those fucking 'Ammers CK

Postby welshwhite » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:34 pm

Seems to be plenty of love on here for most except for the Hat-Trick man.

A player when on form gives us goals and assists: 4 goals in his last 2 league games. Welcome back, Jack :thumbl:

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:38 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Oh, one other thing: Declan Rice is turning into a very, very good player. England are lucky to have him and Kalvin at the base of the midfield. If he could add some shooting to his game, he'd be immense.

The ‘you’re just a shit Kalvin Phillips’ chant was entirely justified, nevertheless.
Member of a clique

Terre Harte II

Postby Terre Harte II » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:49 pm

Stayed up all night writing for the job, so I couldn’t watch live, but just watched on delay.

YES! YES! YES! Fucking brilliant! In the face of great odds too.

Happy, but their first goal shouldn’t have been given and our fourth should have stood, but three points is immense.
"The supporters, the only thing to them is that they love their club.
The only thing the receive in exchange is emotions.
For this reason, the supporter is the best thing in football." - Marcelo Bielsa

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:49 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:Oh, one other thing: Declan Rice is turning into a very, very good player. England are lucky to have him and Kalvin at the base of the midfield. If he could add some shooting to his game, he'd be immense.

The ‘you’re just a shit Kalvin Phillips’ chant was entirely justified, nevertheless.

Heh. Didn't hear that.
"Football is not so important that we can't have tolerance of incorrect evaluations."

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:04 pm

So, thoughts:

We were at the front, low down and close to the corner so very difficult to comment on positional play rather than general interactions, but:

- When Forshaw and Firpo went so early I thought we were fucked. That we were able to reform and get our shit together after a rocky ten minutes was hugely impressive.
- Similarly, when was the last time we came back repeatedly after equalisers?
- Others have said it already but Struijk was incredible today and Koch had his best game in that position.
- Quite like Dan James and I can sort of see why Bielsa keeps playing him there. If you haven’t got a striker available, then a mini-whirlwind who just keeps running across the width of the front isn’t the worst alternative. He must be annoying as fuck to play against. Watching him rinse that idiot giraffe West Ham had at the back was proper funny.
- Thought Hjelde was basically ok, though we couldn’t see him properly in the second half. Don’t really like ‘big units’ at FB but against them it was a fair option.
- Thought Bate gave a fair account of himself without really looking confident (which isn’t surprising)
- Rodrigo was just a bit of a silly twat. Tried way too hard for himself without reading the game.
- Raph? Hmmm. He wasn’t bad by any means, but he’s clearly a way short of what we know he’s capable of.
- Didn’t like the ground. Stewards and cops were a bit unnecessarily arsey which did, I suppose, add to the drama of the occasion
Member of a clique

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:09 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:So, thoughts:

- Didn’t like the ground. Stewards and cops were a bit unnecessarily arsey which did, I suppose, add to the drama of the occasion

Go on.
"Football is not so important that we can't have tolerance of incorrect evaluations."

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:11 pm

Oh yeah, ref and at least one of the linos were cunts. Less than a minute before their first, the fucking idiot lino watched the ball go out less than a yard from his fucking feet, didn’t flag it and the bastards went straight on to score.

The disallowed goal: hmmm. Yes he was obviously offside but he did everything he possibly could to avoid impeding play - turned and kept his arms in. Doesn’t make a lot of sense.
Member of a clique

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:16 pm

dirty leeds wrote:

Go on.

They were checking tickets three times on the way to your seats and making a big deal about it, even when you went for a piss. A few of ours were fairly pissed so it got a bit volatile.

Then the lovely Met TSG waded in mob-handed to pull 2 or 3 out, didn’t look like they had much cause really.
Member of a clique

Terre Harte II

Postby Terre Harte II » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:26 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:- Rodrigo was just a bit of a silly twat. Tried way too hard for himself without reading the game.

Forgive the video game reference, but Rodrigo looked like he was at about 60 speed on PES when everyone else was at 80.

I'll give him a pass given he's been out for a while, but needed to do better on those couple of chances he had to either shoot or dish.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:28 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:

Go on.

They were checking tickets three times on the way to your seats and making a big deal about it, even when you went for a piss. A few of ours were fairly pissed so it got a bit volatile.

Then the lovely Met TSG waded in mob-handed to pull 2 or 3 out, didn’t look like they had much cause really.

Were you in with Leeds and able to celebrate the goals? Or trying to be discreet when sitting in sponsor/work seats?

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:30 pm

- Raph? Hmmm. He wasn’t bad by any means, but he’s clearly a way short of what we know he’s capable of.

:?:

Made the break for the first.
Swung in corner for the second.
Played through Jackie for the third.
Hit the post with a free kick.
Made the break and set up Klich for the disallowed goal.

He created 7 chances. Which apparently is a record.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:37 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Were you in with Leeds and able to celebrate the goals? Or trying to be discreet when sitting in sponsor/work seats?

In with Leeds
Member of a clique

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:41 pm

Wakefield White wrote:

:?:

Made the break for the first.
Swung in corner for the second.
Played through Jackie for the third.
Hit the post with a free kick.
Made the break and set up Klich for the disallowed goal.

He created 7 chances. Which apparently is a record.

Interesting. I’m sure the stats must be correct but there were occasions when the game seemed to pass him by when he should have been closer to it, then others when it seemed like he didn’t want to show for it.
Member of a clique

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:42 pm

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:42 pm

Terre Harte II wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:- Rodrigo was just a bit of a silly twat. Tried way too hard for himself without reading the game.

Forgive the video game reference, but Rodrigo looked like he was at about 60 speed on PES when everyone else was at 80...

very un-bielsa I know but I thought, as he was coming on, that he's put weight on. not that he's fat or anything but I thought his arms looked a bit bigger? I hope he's not attempting an Antonio-style late career conversion to 'big number nine'?

Terre Harte II

Postby Terre Harte II » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:54 pm

I think there's an argument that Klich's goal should have stood, but I have a bigger issue with West Ham's first that shouldn't have.

Diop does a hockey-style check on Koch, knocking him down, which directly opened the space for Bowen to score.

No VAR check, no nothing. At the very least, it should have been scrutinized.

Sick to fucking death of how VAR is selectively applied. I hope the second half brings us some VAR karma we're well overdue to get.

Terre Harte II

Postby Terre Harte II » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:56 pm

the flying pig wrote:
Terre Harte II wrote:

Forgive the video game reference, but Rodrigo looked like he was at about 60 speed on PES when everyone else was at 80...

very un-bielsa I know but I thought, as he was coming on, that he's put weight on. not that he's fat or anything but I thought his arms looked a bit bigger? I hope he's not attempting an Antonio-style late career conversion to 'big number nine'?

Agreed. But then, we've had so many teenagers on the pitch of late, that maybe a full-grown man looks like Micky Droy in comparison? :lol:

ct_mot

Postby ct_mot » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:07 pm

Terre Harte II wrote:I think there's an argument that Klich's goal should have stood, but I have a bigger issue with West Ham's first that shouldn't have.

Diop does a hockey-style check on Koch, knocking him down, which directly opened the space for Bowen to score.

No VAR check, no nothing. At the very least, it should have been scrutinized.

Sick to fucking death of how VAR is selectively applied. I hope the second half brings us some VAR karma we're well overdue to get.

Yep I noticed this. Originally I was a big supporter of VAR but the way it's being implemented is terrible. There just seems to be so much leeway in the clear and obvious that it's becoming a joke. I'm sure there is some fan bias here but some clubs it seems have there players moaning at the ref listened too way more than others.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:30 pm

Terre Harte II wrote:

Forgive the video game reference, but Rodrigo looked like he was at about 60 speed on PES when everyone else was at 80.

I'll give him a pass given he's been out for a while, but needed to do better on those couple of chances he had to either shoot or dish.

Surely a better PES reference for Rodrigo is that no one will buy this years version of him either?!
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:34 pm

Looking forward to MOTD tonight.

Fair play to Jackie, what I’ve always loved is that however it’s going he always gives 100%, and always shows for the ball and has the courage to try to make something happen.

Klich as well. It pisses me off no end when people say he’s finished, or not good enough. Sure he’s not been as good since his 1st COVID bout but he’s a lovely player. He will always be a promotion legend but if Dallas’s resurgence shows us anything it’s that form is temporary, and class is… well class!!

Koch looks like he’s going to be very very good when he’s up to speed.

Dan James, what do we do with him when Bammers is fit. I could see Bielsa dropping Jackie but surely they both deserve a spot

Return to “The Square Ball”