Brexshit Blunderland

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Ponte

Re: Brexshit Blunderland

Postby Ponte » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:05 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:I’m following the current Commons debate online. Fuck me, this is seriously the closest Parliament has come to complete collapse in 400 years.

Quite enjoying watching Raab get all red faced and flustered. He really is quite an angry fellow.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:17 pm

Roid rage, innit.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:30 pm

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:12 pm

So Johnson hoped he would be able to mix things up following the election after the EU replaced Barnier.

'EU's preparations for no-deal are done'

Von der Leyen, the incoming EU Commission president who will replace Jean-Claude Juncker, has been giving more thoughts on Brexit.

She says no-deal is not in the interests of the bloc or Britain, but adds preparations for the scenario are done.

And she reveals she will ask Brussels' chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier to carry on in his post.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:29 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-49661855

Maybe take it up with the ECJ, Boris?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:50 am

dirty leeds wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-49661855

Maybe take it up with the ECJ, Boris?

:mrgreen:

Happy days.

The Cunt, Cunted.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:43 pm

Re: releasing the Yellowhammer documents and communiqués:
"Andrea Deadsome wrote:Simply putting out there all of the possible permutations of what could happen actually just serves to concern people.

Well, quite.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:05 pm

Fuck.
Parliament actually going for the jugular now.
Good lads!
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:23 pm

Supreme Court next Tuesday. Thus far, I'm unconvinced that this action will go further than that TBH.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:24 pm

Mustafaster wrote:Fuck.
Good lads!

Meaning what?

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:35 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
Mustafaster wrote:Fuck.
Good lads!

Meaning what?

Talking about reconvening Parliament if the Supreme Court finds in their favour, which seems more than likely.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:50 pm

I dunno. Thoughts which occur are:

- Miller's case failed in the English courts. English and Scottish law is different, so there's no real indication that a victory in the Scottish courts compels the Supreme Court to head in the same direction.

- Bercow has said today that parliament cannot be recalled unless at the PM's request.

So I'm still not convinced anything real is happening. Yet.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:06 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:I dunno. Thoughts which occur are:

- Miller's case failed in the English courts. English and Scottish law is different, so there's no real indication that a victory in the Scottish courts compels the Supreme Court to head in the same direction.

- Bercow has said today that parliament cannot be recalled unless at the PM's request.

So I'm still not convinced anything real is happening. Yet.

We're in totally uncharted waters .
Lots of different opinions on what the constitution says about it.
Truth is the constitution says nothing, really.
If the SC concludes that Johnson's advice to the Queen was unlawful then the suspension of Parliament becomes unlawful.
We are then in a position where the executive is in direct conflict with both the judiciary and the legislature.
:silent:

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:35 pm

I see TFP's man Sumption (who I'm not that keen on, personally) has agreed with the SC's decision on Miller, which is basically that it's not a justiciable matter.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:39 pm

And if he is forced to resign for lying to old ladies...?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:53 pm

Blackwhite wrote:And if he is forced to resign for lying to old ladies...?

Don't think he will be.

jackos

Postby jackos » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:25 pm

If the EU needed another reason not to extend the deadline the fact that you sent twats like this to sit in the European Parliament is definitely a big one.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:56 pm

jackos wrote:If the EU needed another reason not to extend the deadline the fact that you sent twats like this to sit in the European Parliament is definitely a big one.

To be honest, Jackos, your desire to see the UK crash out of the EU without a deal and watch everyone here suffer - and bollocks to those of us who want to stay - is become more than tiresome and at times, frankly, boils my piss.

You’re smug gloating would be better aimed at an audience that isn’t a mainly remain forum.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:08 pm

Ponte wrote:
jackos wrote:If the EU needed another reason not to extend the deadline the fact that you sent twats like this to sit in the European Parliament is definitely a big one.

To be honest, Jackos, your desire to see the UK crash out of the EU without a deal and watch everyone here suffer - and bollocks to those of us who want to stay - is become more than tiresome and at times, frankly, boils my piss.

You’re smug gloating would be better aimed at an audience that isn’t a mainly remain forum.

I can see why he feels that way tbh.
Your whole political system is a total shambles, populated by liars and chancers.
Your prime minister has lied to the Queen ffs.
Why would we want him stinking the place out?
It's starting to get to the point where those who live in the EU wouldn't cry any tears if you just fucked off.
We have work to do. New Parliament and Commission.

You're getting to be a bit like the neighbour who plays that jungle music at 3:00 am with a sofa and a fridge in the garden.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:36 pm

Isn’t empathy a beautiful thing?

This is not my government or Ponte’s - in the sense that they don’t represent us. As Ponte said most of here hate what’s going on.

So yeah, your opinions aren’t helpful or valuable. If you want to be smug and self righteous, fuck off out the thread the pair of you.

Return to “The Square Ball”