Brexshit Blunderland

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
eric olthwaite

Re: Brexshit Blunderland

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:30 pm

Devi wrote:No one country will veto as they’d be held responsible for the no deal that’d hurt the EU

I could believe Hungary might.

London_White

Postby London_White » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:51 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
Devi wrote:No one country will veto as they’d be held responsible for the no deal that’d hurt the EU

I could believe Hungary might.

Yes, agree Eric, especially after that cunt Farrage has whispered in their ear.
Not sure they give a fuck what others think

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:43 pm

1. EU says yes, June. May goes MV3, loses. Ad infinitum up to June. At some point Bercow tells May to get fucked?
2. EU says yes, one or two years. Can May survive this? Still no idea what might happen.
3. EU says no. In this instance does MV3 finally get through? Even in that instance, the Withdrawal Bill can’t possibly get through both houses in a week. Hopefully some sort of transition gets agreed.

You can see why the EU might do better telling us to fuck off.

jackos

Postby jackos » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:25 pm

May has a much better chance of getting her deal approved now doesn't she? Purest exiters don't want to risk a two year wait and the DUP are desperately looking for a reason to support her. Will be close on Tuesday. Especially if it looks like the EU will demand a 12-24 month extension.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:14 pm

Honestly don’t know.

Soubry said somewhere yesterday or today that the ERG might back May in the belief that they could get control of the party then unilaterally quit the Withdrawal agreement ie instant No Deal. I could believe that of the bastards.

jackos

Postby jackos » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:54 pm

There's only 70-80 ERG MPs though, plus a few hardline Labour exit supporters I guess, nothing like the numbers needed to get a hard exit through parliament. There biggest/only opportunity now must be that the EU plays hardball and refuses an extension, leaving parliament with the choice between no deal and rescinding article 50. In that case they may get their no deal, but its still a long shot given their numbers and the likelihood that the EU will approve an extension.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:33 am

Besides, you Remoaners need to accept we're glimpsing those sunlit uplands. Post-Brexit trade deal just signed with Fiji & Papua New Guinea. Eat that, Corbyn.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Shorn Derry

Brexshit Blunderland

Postby Shorn Derry » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:27 am

Wakefield White wrote:Farage was on the TV saying he would be lobbying his anti eu mates to veto, he only needs 1!

Does Nige have any EU mates?

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:54 am

Shorn Derry wrote:
Wakefield White wrote:Farage was on the TV saying he would be lobbying his anti eu mates to veto, he only needs 1!

Does Nige have any EU mates?

Yes, especially in Italy and Hungary.
Has to be said, though, that anti-eu parties in Europe are taking a beating as people see the omnifuckup that is brexit.
Nobody else wants to go through that.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:03 am

Mustafaster wrote:Yes, especially in Italy and Hungary.
Has to be said, though, that anti-eu parties in Europe are taking a beating as people see the omnifuckup that is brexit.

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, the populist Swedish Democrats have changed their manifesto from "leave" to "reform the EU", In populist Poland support for EU membership is something daft like 92%, it's possible one country will block an extension, but I doubt it. The EU has remained untied throughout this, the baiting by Brexiters has just brought EU countries closer. Like folks in the UK, we just want and end to the process, it's gone on for long enough now.

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:31 am

Mustafaster wrote:Has to be said, though, that anti-eu parties in Europe are taking a beating as people see the omnifuckup that is brexit.

Nice to think that something positive might come of this, even if it is the UK becoming a cautionary tale.
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:26 am

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Musson Grumble

Postby Musson Grumble » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:21 pm

Getting wet is always a sign of commitment.
But, not a flatcap or donkey jacket in sight.
Where are our standards?
Eat more English celery.

Devi

Postby Devi » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:19 pm

I like it. What is it?

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:32 pm

did you see that they were meant to cross the river tees in middlesborough using the transport bridge? only trouble is, like thypical bexiteers, they hadn't actually considered any of the details of their plan and the transport bridge was shut on a sunday making them walk an extra 5 miles to get over the river.

funny enough in itself, but as someone tweeted, 'brexiteers, failing to dot the i's and cross the tees' :lol:
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:09 am

What's especially delicious is that fact was doing the rounds on Twitter as they gathered, and still the thick cunts didn't catch on.

Delightful.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:30 am

Brilliant suggestion from a Facebook mate:

We divide the country into two halves, Leavetopia and Remainland, and get India and Pakistan to decide where the border is.

Could also consider Syria and Iraq in honour of Sykes-Picot, I guess.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:43 pm

Ooh. Something like a spanner in a velvet bag from Bercow there. If this was Russia he'd be dead by midnight.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:16 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Ooh. Something like a spanner in a velvet bag from Bercow there. If this was Russia he'd be dead by midnight.

it does look to be a correct ruling?

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:19 pm

i suppose it does make sense, intuitively, on one level - if the only substantive change to have taken place between the last vote & now relates to the number of countrywide gold statues of William of Orange that government has promised to erect up then, y'know, it seems almost fair enough, ish.

but, i mean, where does this leave us? quickly move to an extension period? or something, y'know, a lot worse than that?

Return to “The Square Ball”