O/T Shit telly programs that girls like

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Mustafaster

Re: O/T Shit telly programs that girls like

Postby Mustafaster » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:59 am

Star Trek Discovery.
Not a huge Star Trek fan but this is actually pretty decent. Three episodes in might be a bit early to judge, but a very promising start.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:17 pm

A while ago a few on here recommended Gomorrah. Just finished season 1 and it's brilliant.
Andymac

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:19 pm

Andymac-47 wrote:A while ago a few on here recommended Gomorrah. Just finished season 1 and it's brilliant.

If you've never been, take the wife to Napoli but don't tell her why (sell her on romance, Pompeii and Capri). And see for yourself these kids and the whole scene, the show will make them stand out a mile.

I love that city, proper wild west anarchy, and dripping with history.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:13 pm

I had s fleeting day trip there a few years ago whilst on a Med cruise and didn't quite get a proper feel. But coming from where I do North Korea looks like Disney Land.
Andymac

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:13 pm

Andymac-47 wrote:A while ago a few on here recommended Gomorrah. Just finished season 1 and it's brilliant.

yeah. i watched a few of them, enjoyed them and then forgot about it, need to get back on to it. :thumbl:

inbetween times watched a bit of mad men and house of cards, both of which get tedious quickly.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:16 pm

Quiffy wrote:

yeah. i watched a few of them, enjoyed them and then forgot about it, need to get back on to it. :thumbl:

inbetween times watched a bit of mad men and house of cards, both of which get tedious quickly.

I think it's because of the subtitles, watching it close like that sucks you in untill you are chewing on the grit. It's fuckin brilliant.
Andymac

FER

Postby FER » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:27 pm

Red Dwarf. Back on Dave next week but available on demand now. You know you want to!
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:54 pm

Andymac-47 wrote:I had s fleeting day trip there a few years ago whilst on a Med cruise and didn't quite get a proper feel. But coming from where I do North Korea looks like Disney Land.

:thumbl: :mrgreen:

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:09 pm

Andymac-47 wrote:
Quiffy wrote:

I think it's because of the subtitles, watching it close like that sucks you in untill you are chewing on the grit. It's fuckin brilliant.

I always watch stuff I'm interested in with subtitles. Mostly because I'm deaf as a post but also because it definitely aids with absorbing the intricacies
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:05 pm

Can any send me a link where I can start downloading the 2nd season of Gomorrah. My usual source has let me down. I can download but without the subtitles.
Andymac

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:24 pm

FER wrote:Red Dwarf. Back on Dave next week but available on demand now. You know you want to!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:34 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:Anyone been watching 'Back', the new Mitchell/Webb thing?
Natural to compare it to 'Peep Show', I suppose, but I've been trying hard not to. Liked it without loving it until last night's episode, the second half of which was incredibly funny. [The car park scene especially.]

Yeah, I've similarly been on the edge with it. Find it difficult to come to terms with the fact the characters are not a million miles from Peep Show. Missed last night.

Watched the first three episodes.
What utter shite.
Don't even pretend to be anything other than the Peep Show characters.
Peep Show was great, one of those shows that define a moment
Mitchell and Webb both splendid. Great secondary characters really made it much more than a two- hander.

There are no secondary characters in this. Mitchell and Webb have flogged their characters to death and phone in below par performances that rarely get beyond gurning. Webb shrugs shoulders and gives a half smile, Mitchell grimaces in pain....
Crap.
Even some of the situations/gags are a straight lift from PS.
Very, very poor.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:30 pm

for anyone else on the grand designs tip, there's a budget redesign show on bbc i'm quite enjoying; 'the £100k house, tricks of the trade'. it's even got bbc's own kevin called piers. it's an offshoot of the £100k house where the same crew followed people who had that same sum to build a property, but this time it's people who need to revamp their houses on a budget. piers the architect comes round and suggests what's best for the budge then shows them some funky inspirational examples he knows of. sometimes they take his advice sometimes they don't.

for someone who designed his own extension last year, it scratches that mini architecture and design itch.

it's on mid afternoon, but there's plenty on the iplayer.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Devi

Postby Devi » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:05 pm

Liar.

Utter gash.

That is all.
I like it. What is it?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:08 pm

Devi wrote:Liar.

Utter gash.

That is all.

Bit harsh.

He only said it was ok.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:39 pm

Devi wrote:Liar.

Utter gash.

That is all.

Agreed Devi.
Andymac

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:04 pm

Timewasters. Thought it might be ok.

Wasn't.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:48 am

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:15 am

dirty leeds wrote:Hope this turns out to be good: http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latest ... cquisition

Moi aussi!
Andymac

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:50 pm

Russia with Simon Reeve has been great.

Return to “The Square Ball”