52%
No, Troy is not a cunt
48%

Total votes: 48

Phil LUFC

Re: Roll Up For The Troy Deeney Poll!!!

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat May 23, 2020 7:17 pm

Quiffy wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:Leave it, we all know the real problem here is Troy had some fake grass installed last year. That sort of shit just can't be tolerated.

phil. if he's done that then he is a cunt. there's no u-turns here. any man who can deny the worms a home, a man who has no care of the weather, a man who doesn't take pride in nurturing a wild habitat into ordered green beauty is a man incapable of putting stripes on his lawn. that man is not only a heathen, but a heathen without a lawn mower. hang your head in shame, but look up to troy deeney.

how much did it cost?

You mean aside from my soul and my place in heaven?

We had the whole lot done, levelling of the top part, new retaining wall as part of that, tidied up lower part, new fencing... about 75 square metres. By the time we added a pergola, summer house and furnature... quite a bit! 10k-20k

I'd post a photo but I've hit my upload limit apparently (Eric, you might be doing your own spreadsheet next year).

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat May 23, 2020 7:22 pm

Quiffy wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:
Matt White wrote:Doesn't matter how fit he is, he doesn't want to risk infecting his family. Seems fairly cut and dried.

Yes, no problem with that at all.
However, there is more than one way of doing this - he could have moved out for the duration of the rest of the matches - 7 or 8 weeks - but he chooses not to.
But your conclusion that he is a cunt anyway is obviously bang on.

this is why he's not a cunt. leaving a very young child with an unsupported mum is a pretty brutal thing to do. you're advocating him being an absent father during the toughest years. you brute.

i know i felt like shirking that responsibility at times, but it'd have driven the mrs mad.

Nope - he does not have to do this either. For fuck's sake.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sat May 23, 2020 7:57 pm

I was away for 3 of my 2nd sons first 6 years, unsupported mum my arse. He's a fucking millionaire.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat May 23, 2020 8:19 pm

metalsmurf wrote:I was away for 3 of my 2nd sons first 6 years, unsupported mum my arse. He's a fucking millionaire.

you were away, so how do you know how hard it was?

his mrs might be struggling.

i did the househusband thing. it was good for my sanity when the cavalry came home. i get that money makes some things easier,but the presumption seems to be that wealth demunanises you, i doubt it does, wealthy people will probably still get hungry, tired, ill and all this other human things
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat May 23, 2020 8:45 pm

metalsmurf wrote:I was away for 3 of my 2nd sons first 6 years, unsupported mum my arse. He's a fucking millionaire.

Aye. He could hire a Polish bird to look after his kid and a Polish bloke to shag his wife. Problem solved.
HM Collector Of Parcels

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat May 23, 2020 9:25 pm

Quiffy wrote:

i did the househusband thing. it was good for my sanity when the cavalry came home. i get that money makes some things easier,but the presumption seems to be that wealth demunanises you, i doubt it does, wealthy people will probably still get hungry, tired, ill and all this other human things

No it isn't.
We are talking about a few weeks away from home. It's fuck all. And he can organise all the support he wants/she needs.
It's really next to nowt.
Anyway, he ain't doing it, so you don't have to fret about poor little Troy and his family.
'Cause remember: he's a cunt.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat May 23, 2020 9:44 pm

dirty leeds wrote:No it isn't.
We are talking about a few weeks away from home. It's fuck all. And he can organise all the support he wants/she needs.
Anyway, he ain't doing it, so you don't have to fret about poor little Troy and his family.

you know what dirty, i don't think he is. maybe it's the impression i've got of the bloke from interviews.

a few weeks can be a long time when you've got little kids, you butch bastard. as i said, maybe his wife doesn't find it such an easy stretch.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sat May 23, 2020 10:02 pm

Quiffy wrote:

Because I got chapter and verse on my weekly phone call. Money isn't everything but it certainly helps.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat May 23, 2020 10:09 pm

metalsmurf wrote:
Quiffy wrote:

Because I got chapter and verse on my weekly phone call. Money isn't everything but it certainly helps.

:thumbl: glad it's worked out for you, just not sure it does for everyone.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat May 23, 2020 10:14 pm

Quiffy wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:No it isn't.

you know what dirty, i don't think he is. maybe it's the impression i've got of the bloke from interviews.

a few weeks can be a long time when you've got little kids, you butch bastard. as i said, maybe his wife doesn't find it such an easy stretch.

Having had three of 'em, I do get it.
He seems to manage to be away from the other kids he has.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sat May 23, 2020 10:17 pm

For what it's worth I actually think, in his mind, he's doing the right thing for himself and his family. Sorry DL. He hasn't said anything about voiding, I think.
And you are right, it doesn't work out for everyone. The divorce rate is horrific, not many of my mates are married to the same person they were when we served.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun May 24, 2020 8:57 am

metalsmurf wrote:For what it's worth I actually think, in his mind, he's doing the right thing for himself and his family. Sorry DL. He hasn't said anything about voiding, I think.
And you are right, it doesn't work out for everyone. The divorce rate is horrific, not many of my mates are married to the same person they were when we served.

He hasn't, but he doesn't have to - PPG and never play the matches is his way out because it also keeps Watford up.

Oh, and by the way, if anyone does think I'm too easily brushing aside Troy's possible concerns about abandoning his partner at a crucial time, I was a single parent myself for three years when my daughter was 2-5 years old, so I know how it is to have to look after a young 'un. In my case, for a bit longer than 7 weeks.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sun May 24, 2020 9:32 am

dirty leeds wrote:
metalsmurf wrote:For what it's worth I actually think, in his mind, he's doing the right thing for himself and his family. Sorry DL. He hasn't said anything about voiding, I think.

He hasn't, but he doesn't have to - PPG and never play the matches is his way out because it also keeps Watford up.

Oh, and by the way, if anyone does think I'm too easily brushing aside Troy's possible concerns about abandoning his partner at a crucial time, I was a single parent myself for three years when my daughter was 2-5 years old, so I know how it is to have to look after a young 'un. In my case, for a bit longer than 7 weeks.

If that’s his plan then yes, Cunt.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun May 24, 2020 11:56 am

Anyway, if this thread wasn't already boring enough... I've just been out running again!

Thought occurred to me that Saint Troy should/could have asked Watford to organise him and his fam some tests to see if they've already had the Miley. 'Cause if any of 'em have, then the horse has bolted.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon May 25, 2020 7:55 am

Attention Football Clubs!!!

Is your captain:
Showing signs of a weak heart?
Self-isolating from his own backbone?
Using family as a flimsy excuse not to show up like everyone else when other solutions are available?
Generally acting like a cunt?

Then you may have Deeney-9.

In order not to let him convince almost 40% of his colleagues [based on this poll] and get you relegated, you must:
Stay alert [for the chance of voting for PPG]
Control the virus [maybe take away his phones and laptop?]
Prepare for the Championship [because you're pretty much fucked]

This message was brought to you by someone with little to do and before he's had his breakfast.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Mon May 25, 2020 8:12 am

It's refreshing to see some posters making a valiant attempt at humour on here lately.

Can't see them ever reaching the stage of success that my good pal Brett reached with his spoof Shakespeare novel a few years ago though. That was the best thing I've ever read on here.

There's still time I suppose.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon May 25, 2020 9:05 am

I see a couple more of the aliases have joined the fun. You do know I can check, lads? :lol:

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed May 27, 2020 10:25 am

Having read the Poll results, Deeney tries to 'uncunt' himself:

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Wed May 27, 2020 8:54 pm

And with a swerve and a turn Troy leaves dirty in his wake

The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Wed May 27, 2020 8:56 pm

By the way it just let me vote again - is real brexit now
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

Return to “The Square Ball”