O/T Shit telly programs that girls like

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Matt White

Re: O/T Shit telly programs that girls like

Postby Matt White » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Quiffy wrote: binned westworld today after 2 and a half episodes cos it was dull.

FInished the two series that are out and enjoyed them thoroughly. They present some interesting philosophical questions in the guise of a very violent fantasy, so that's nice. Also they have spent shitloads on it so the production values are sky high.

On the downside we still have the "characters we need to have survive to move the plot forwards" being excellent at not being shot, and the others being really quite easy indeed to shoot. Also I was expecting the ratio of sex to violence in it to be a lot better than it turned out, given the attractive actress quotient involved.

It's still some of the best genre TV I've seen.

Matt White

Postby Matt White » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:29 pm

Quiffy wrote:.. the good looking bloke from the bodyguard..

If you mean the main character, I must be the only person who thinks he looks like Moe out of The Simpsons. Not Moyes-level Moe, but up there.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:10 pm

Matt White wrote:
Quiffy wrote: binned westworld today after 2 and a half episodes cos it was dull.

FInished the two series that are out and enjoyed them thoroughly. They present some interesting philosophical questions in the guise of a very violent fantasy, so that's nice. Also they have spent shitloads on it so the production values are sky high.

On the downside we still have the "characters we need to have survive to move the plot forwards" being excellent at not being shot, and the others being really quite easy indeed to shoot. Also I was expecting the ratio of sex to violence in it to be a lot better than it turned out, given the attractive actress quotient involved.

reckon it's just not my bag considering the reviews are mostly positive. given the premise my wife didn't think i'd give it any time as i'm not into anything remotely sci-fi, which it sort of is. if there'd been more tits it may have held my attention longer.

going to give evil genius a run out after i've been to the garden centre. this good weather makes me want to tidy up my garden.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:21 pm

Quiffy wrote:
Matt White wrote:

reckon it's just not my bag considering the reviews are mostly positive. given the premise my wife didn't think i'd give it any time as i'm not into anything remotely sci-fi, which it sort of is. if there'd been more tits it may have held my attention longer.

going to give evil genius a run out after i've been to the garden centre. this good weather makes me want to tidy up my garden.

While you're out, could you do us a favour and pick up a couple of parcels?
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:31 pm

Ooh get mine too please, it's a package of virions from my mate Buster in Wu-han.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:43 pm

Bulletproof on Sky.
Brilliantly shit, modern day Starsky and Hutch.
Plot lines flimsier than a pair of paper knickers.
Disengage brain and enjoy.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Devi

Postby Devi » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:49 pm

Tycipa wrote:Bulletproof on Sky.

Mrs Devi's ex is (partly) responsible. Means I have to endure it nightly as her kids want to watch it. Over. And Over. Again.

:roll:
I like it. What is it?

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:54 pm

Devi wrote:

Mrs Devi's ex is (partly) responsible. Means I have to endure it nightly as her kids want to watch it. Over. And Over. Again.

In which case, as a token of solidarity, it’s fucking rubbish and should be avoided at all costs.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Devi

Postby Devi » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:30 pm

Tycipa wrote:
Devi wrote:

In which case, as a token of solidarity, it’s fucking rubbish and should be avoided at all costs.

:lol:
I like it. What is it?

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:40 pm

Quiffy wrote:going to give evil genius a run out after i've been to the garden centre. this good weather makes me want to tidy up my garden.

garden centre was shut, couldn't pick anything up, sorry. evil genius (netflix) is well worth a watch :thumbl:
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Eddies Boots

Postby Eddies Boots » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:44 am

I am watching Dispatches from Elsewhere on AMC. (google says AMC UK will have it in April)
Not easy to describe - an intelligent, whimsical mystery. Dealing with a variety of misfit characters.
From the mind of Jason Segel who gave us puppet musical Dracula at the end of Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
Probably not for everyone, but its a good antidote to being at home listening to Trump lie everyday.
5 episodes done - I can't picture the ending, but it has been enjoyable getting here.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:20 am

Anyone on here old enough to remember the time when Film 4 produced/showed a range of intelligent films, rather than just having Wolverine films on a loop?

FredFlintstone

Postby FredFlintstone » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:19 pm

Can't say I'm interested in the first one but some of the others look good:

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2020/ ... -thursdays

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:37 pm

FredFlintstone wrote:Can't say I'm interested in the first one but some of the others look good:

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2020/ ... -thursdays

The brilliant vehicle I want to see his comedy skills in will be well-alight and going off a very high cliff.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:01 pm

just watched personal shopper via the iplayer.

if you want to see a bit of a franco-US film noir, the type of which you used to get on bbc2 at 10pm on a sunday about the afterlife with a beautiful actress (kristen stewart) who gets her norks out then this is the film for you. it was a film for me, i'd give it an 8 in spite of it's abrupt and confusing ending.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:05 pm

Quiffy wrote:just watched personal shopper via the iplayer.

if you want to see a bit of a franco-US film noir, the type of which you used to get on bbc2 at 10pm on a sunday about the afterlife with a beautiful actress (kristen stewart) who gets her norks out then this is the film for you. it was a film for me, i'd give it an 8 in spite of it's abrupt and confusing ending.

Were these connected in any way?

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:08 pm

dirty leeds wrote:

oh yes.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:09 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Q, if I might be so bold, I identify with the quiet dissatisfaction I inferred in your answer.

Make some time. Turn off your usual worries, inflate your lungs, float downstream on it all.

And suddenly you can watch escapist shite. Apologies if this comes over as patronising shit, but a mental division is helpful for me.

Forgot to ask BW. on a scale of 1 to 10 how stoned were you when you wrote this?

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:10 pm

Quiffy wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:

oh yes.

:lol:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:32 pm

Quiffy wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Q, if I might be so bold, I identify with the quiet dissatisfaction I inferred in your answer.

Make some time. Turn off your usual worries, inflate your lungs, float downstream on it all.

And suddenly you can watch escapist shite. Apologies if this comes over as patronising shit, but a mental division is helpful for me.

Forgot to ask BW. on a scale of 1 to 10 how stoned were you when you wrote this?

Stoned, I'd say a 2.

Very very sad about something at that moment, a solid 9.

Return to “The Square Ball”