Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:51 am

Devi wrote:This is where we are with deep fakes.

WTAF... :shock:

https://www.thispersondoesnotexist.com/

I follow their Twitter account. The main focus is impressively believable, but by God the horrors the AI inflicts on bystanders and clothing etc...

The real worrying deepfakes are the video edits IMO.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:46 pm

Record broken for fastest subsonic transatlantic crossing with 200mph tailwind.

Doesn’t mention how long it took the planes going the other way mind.
Member of a clique

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:52 pm

That Jetstream effect always impresses, means you don't really even get time to get some decent drinks on, kip & sober up for the drive like you do going the other way. I love it for the feeling of speeding you home.

Edit Eric, it does mention the effect coming the other way: relatively marginal, like this extra gain.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:11 pm

i've dug my toes into the world of leeds fans on twitter this last day or so, trying to assert my mild mannered level of sense on there, but it's not much fun taking on randommers as i haven't a clue if they'll go on to continue posting shite in the future. it's far more satisfying arguing on here. vive le squareball.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:10 pm

Quiffy wrote:i've dug my toes into the world of leeds fans on twitter this last day or so, trying to assert my mild mannered level of sense on there, but it's not much fun taking on randommers as i haven't a clue if they'll go on to continue posting shite in the future. it's far more satisfying arguing on here. vive le squareball.

I try to edit my LUFC Twitter reasonably carefully, but there are two or three people who’ve been sensible decent types up til know who have proper lost their shit after Saturday. Tis irritating.
Member of a clique

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:47 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Quiffy wrote:i sussed the ads that appeared down the side of sites like newsnow were prompted by searches i made on ebay and amazon a while ago. a few months ago i got a surprise when 'ercol furniture' started appearing there when the only prompt had been a conversation i'd had with the wife about some of the stuff my parents like, i suspected and it's since been confirmed that alexa was listening in.

today was a new one for me. this morning one of the metal things above the holes that you wrap the laces round on your boots broke off so in my dinner hour i went into a couple of shops looking for new boots. i got back from home to find the adverts down the side of newsnow advertising boots :shock: . it must be the location services on my google maps grassing me up.

Last year a work friend told me about her foot pain after is asked why she was wearing trainers. We were on the platform at kings cross at rush hour at the time. When I checked Facebook later in the day it was advertising insoles to me. I have no doubt at all my phone had heard the conversation.

This issue, discussed:

Devi

Postby Devi » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:56 pm

:lol:
I like it. What is it?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:17 pm

"Large boulder the size of a small boulder" :lol: :mrgreen:

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:34 am

Blackwhite wrote:That Jetstream effect always impresses, means you don't really even get time to get some decent drinks on, kip & sober up for the drive like you do going the other way. I love it for the feeling of speeding you home.

I do hope the novelty of flying doesn’t wear off on Walt anytime soon.

His airline experiences on US business trips (boosting the profits of Big Pharma) have been compulsive reading on here since he was sacked from his last lab job.
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:50 am

I read that there’s an extinct Norfolk surname: Widecunt.

Having met Si B, I can definitely confirm there’s something of a Widecunt about him.

(There was also a court case in the 14th century featuring the gloriously named Roger Fuckebythenavele)
Member of a clique

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:14 am

I dunno, you fuck one girl in her navel and suddenly everybody starts calling you Roger Fuckebythenavele...

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:16 am

Blackwhite wrote:I dunno, you fuck one girl in her navel and suddenly everybody starts calling you Roger Fuckebythenavele...

Lame.

:roll:
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

FER

Postby FER » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:35 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:I read that there’s an extinct Norfolk surname: Widecunt.

Having met Si B, I can definitely confirm there’s something of a Widecunt about him.

Now I'm not saying Simon is fat but ... he has two season tickets next to each other to give him adequate room between other people. You have to be careful eating or drinking close by or your pie/bovril will be drawn into orbit around him. He doesn't go 'limbs' to celebrate a goal because the stewards told him it may cause structural failure in the stand! :mrgreen:
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

SimonB

Postby SimonB » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:37 pm

(There was also a court case in the 14th century featuring the gloriously named Roger Fuckebythenavele)

I am from Suffolk you cunt :mrgreen: I am wide though...
We had a meeting at work today and I was asked what steps I would take in the event of a fire. Apparently "fucking big ones" wasn't the right answer

SimonB

Postby SimonB » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:38 pm

FER wrote:

Now I'm not saying Simon is fat but ... he has two season tickets next to each other to give him adequate room between other people. You have to be careful eating or drinking close by or your pie/bovril will be drawn into orbit around him. He doesn't go 'limbs' to celebrate a goal because the stewards told him it may cause structural failure in the stand! :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: I dont have two seats I just make the person next to me stand in the aisle
We had a meeting at work today and I was asked what steps I would take in the event of a fire. Apparently "fucking big ones" wasn't the right answer

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:43 pm

Be careful Simon, you'll be foe before you know it.

Has Hee Haw responded yet ? Or as per - just ignore and change subject ?

Fcking Chicken cunt/cunts.

C'mon Prof, you're the latest to join in with em aren't cha ?

:basket:
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:58 pm

Kenny, for the avoidance of doubt, I don’t have anyone on ignore.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:28 pm

Never thought ya did, you just chirp up when you feel like you wanna join the gang.

Creepin cunt.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:42 am

Has anyone tried to do the citizenship test?

Straight in, no cheating. I’m packing my bags.
Member of a clique

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:56 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Has anyone tried to do the citizenship test?

Straight in, no cheating. I’m packing my bags.

50%.

Return to “The Square Ball”