t'premier leeg.

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
the flying pig

Re: t'premier leeg.

Postby the flying pig » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:15 pm

I'm very glad that public opinion seems to be turning against all of these cancellations, especially being pushed by clubs with huge squads.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:40 pm

do any of you cunts understand the word hypothetical?
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:02 pm

Quiffy wrote:do any of you cunts understand the word hypothetical?

Time of the month, hun? It was a pretty daft question, even hypothetically. When has Bielsa ever taken on that kind of a squad?
Member of a clique

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:10 pm

AndyPaul wrote:
MightyWhite wrote:
Terre Harte II wrote:Not a surprise, they're not paying for rights to be skeptical of the "mythology", but our national EPL broadcaster just accepts at face value that Brighton-Palace is some storied rivalry.

Do they attempt to sell that to English fans? I know it has a weird history, but I can't help thinking most people outside of the clubs couldn't give a fuck.

It’s become well known in recent years as a rivalry, but only on account of its weirdness.

It seems born out of no other clubs giving a fuck about them. So they've got together for a rivalry. But it really does seem to have only been created in the last ten years?????

20 at least, I lived in Brighton 25 years ago and worked in Croydon and its always been there, dampened a bit whilst Brighton were in Limbo at Gillingham etc. , but certainly there and heightened naturally by being in the same division. Its more Leeds v Huddersfield than Leeds v Scum I think
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

Devi

Postby Devi » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:39 am

Given the dearth of clubs in the South East of London, don’t you just say you nearest same division club are your ‘biggest rivals’, whomever they are. Palace (of old) had Brighton or Gillingham to choose from, on the basis that some here consider Palace a City of Croydon, not London, club.

Once that’s been established, others - the media mostly - look for some moniker or link and come up with the M23 as rendering them ‘local’.
I like it. What is it?

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:56 am

Having been to Selhurst Park, I'd have guessed going on the length of time to get there that there nearest rivals would be somewhere in the far east of Asia?

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:59 am

eric olthwaite wrote:
Quiffy wrote:do any of you cunts understand the word hypothetical?

Time of the month, hun? It was a pretty daft question, even hypothetically. When has Bielsa ever taken on that kind of a squad?

my point was more, can any manager rein in the egos you have there nowadays? are manU fucked for the near future, has player power gone so far that it can diminish any team?

the consequence is that the only way to achieve long lasting success is for a manager to build his own squad like pep at man city. even tuchel seems to be struggling with his man management at Chelsea only a year into the job. see also Tottenham. Conte was meant to be the man, no nonsense, sort out the malingerers, but it doesn't seem to be working there either.

Oh, and on the brightom/palace thing in my first year at uni (now 30 years ago) I was next door to a sanctimonious Christian who was a Brighton fan and even he hated palace. asked why I think he said something about an incident that happened in the early 80's.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:02 am

Devi wrote:Given the dearth of clubs in the South East of London, don’t you just say you nearest same division club are your ‘biggest rivals’, whomever they are. Palace (of old) had Brighton or Gillingham to choose from, on the basis that some here consider Palace a City of Croydon, not London, club.

Once that’s been established, others - the media mostly - look for some moniker or link and come up with the M23 as rendering them ‘local’.

They really go for it to an extent that’s almost parody. Daughter reports hundreds of cops outside her place near Brighton station before the game. Horses, riot shields, all that.

I think both sets of fans need to do something to suggest that they’re capable of a convincing impression of following a proper team. It’s a pantomime performance.
Member of a clique

barry white

Postby barry white » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:07 am

metalsmurf wrote:
barry white wrote:FUCKING BENT ARSENAL

It's the Premier League at fault here, clubs are obviously going to work within the rules to suit themselves.
If we had the resources they have and were involved in late stage cups and Europe I would think we'd do the same.

They have 1 rona case
MB would not do the same

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:45 am

I think that the 'rivalry' between the 2 clubs goes back to the 70's.

Malcolm Allison has something to do with it maybe?

That or I am going senile

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:19 pm

barry white wrote:
metalsmurf wrote:
barry white wrote:FUCKING BENT ARSENAL

It's the Premier League at fault here, clubs are obviously going to work within the rules to suit themselves.
If we had the resources they have and were involved in late stage cups and Europe I would think we'd do the same.

They have 1 rona case
MB would not do the same

No he wouldn't, the club however....
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:58 pm

metalsmurf wrote:
barry white wrote:They have 1 rona case
MB would not do the same

The club... Didn't. We had 11 senior players available for Man City and 9 for Arsenal and 1 covid case.

Based on the Arsenal v Spurs decision we could have had both postponed.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:01 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
metalsmurf wrote:
barry white wrote:They have 1 rona case
MB would not do the same

The club... Didn't. We had 11 senior players available for Man City and 9 for Arsenal and 1 covid case.

Based on the Arsenal v Spurs decision we could have had both postponed.

As I said, in the same circumstances. We aren't involved in cups, Europe or the chase for Europe. I will not be misquoted!!!
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Bnimble

Postby Bnimble » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:06 pm

Burnley have just requested postponement of their home game against Watford tomorrow. When is this going to end ? We just get on with it. I also read yesterday that we have given more teenagers their debut in this season ( eight ) than any other side in Premier League history. That says a lot for us.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:15 pm

Bnimble wrote:I also read yesterday that we have given more teenagers their debut in this season ( eight ) than any other side in Premier League history. That says a lot for us.

And it should make Cody Drameh's Mr 15% want to crawl up his own urethra and die.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Trumper

Postby Trumper » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:53 pm

Has already apologised but I think more should be done to Beglin …like a reward/statue for his Emptyhad comment

https://www.si.com/soccer/manchestercit ... st-chelsea

Terre Harte II

Postby Terre Harte II » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:43 pm

Nothing worse than entitled managers whining about their lot. Tuchel being the latest. Tone deaf as fuck.
"The supporters, the only thing to them is that they love their club.
The only thing the receive in exchange is emotions.
For this reason, the supporter is the best thing in football." - Marcelo Bielsa

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:23 am

I’m torn between wanting Brighton to lose every game and wanting them to do well enough that a proper club comes in for Potter, and then next season they lose every game and get relegated.
Member of a clique

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:50 am

eric olthwaite wrote:I’m torn between wanting Brighton to lose every game and wanting them to do well enough that a proper club comes in for Potter, and then next season they lose every game and get relegated.

There you go again with your "to the death" rivalry with Devi over who can most dislike their local club. Brighton and Palace are like Huddersfield - best ignored.

Devi

Postby Devi » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:03 am

:lol:
I like it. What is it?

Return to “The Square Ball”